Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

That day will never come, however, hypothetically it would mark my last involvement in the program at any level until he was gone.  I wouldn’t be alone.  It would also mark the return of defensive breakdowns of epic proportions.  It would also mark a return of road trips with his cronies to recruits homes who choose to go elsewhere or possibly try MLB.  Throwing beer bottles and doing circles in the families front yard.  Yep those were the days.....I really don’t know why he doesn't have a power five HC gig yet.

I agree, he’s not head coach material and he won’t be a DC here - which would be an upgrade and even Frost expressed displeasure in how he got hosed. 

Hypothetically, as a DC, he wouldn’t be in charge of half the aspects you’re referencing, thus the cronies and their behaviors you’re alluding to would be moot and the DC role is where he excels - micromanaging his philosophies through the assistants to the players.

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Carl didn’t just marry a booster’s daughter. He had an affair with a mega booster’s daughter in law (who had kids with the booster’s son) and basically the booster told NU either Carl goes or my $$$ goes.

Ahh yes the old you little have no proof of anything guy, knew you would be here.  "But I heard from this guy and he knows some real people and they know and they told me "

3 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

I agree, he’s not head coach material and he won’t be a DC here - which would be an upgrade and even Frost expressed displeasure in how he got hosed. 

Hypothetically, as a DC, he wouldn’t be in charge of half the aspects you’re referencing, thus the cronies and their behaviors you’re alluding to would be moot and the DC role is where he excels - micromanaging his philosophies through the assistants to the players.

“excels”.....under his direction gave up some of the worst defensive performances in Nebraska history against what was a watered down big10 compared to now.  I would disagree too....if he was a DC don’t you think he’d at least have large input on position coaches on that side.  He’d still be a lunatic on the field and locker room and is generally a toxic person that would have to be “managed” by the HC.  The juice isn’t worth the squeeze as he’s just an average at best DC.  It’s posts like these that I just don’t get.  We have a chunk of our fan base that will forever think of bo as some great HC and exceptional Defensive mind when everything outside of the first 2-3 years show anything but.  He’s a below avg HC and just an avg DC....he comes with an attitude and unwillingness to recruit.  I’m not saying he’s not just coming back here I’m saying he won’t be a DC again at the pwr five level.  Let’s be honest he’s barely holding onto his job at YSU.

52 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

“excels”.....under his direction gave up some of the worst defensive performances in Nebraska history against what was a watered down big10 compared to now.  I would disagree too....if he was a DC don’t you think he’d at least have large input on position coaches on that side.  He’d still be a lunatic on the field and locker room and is generally a toxic person that would have to be “managed” by the HC.  The juice isn’t worth the squeeze as he’s just an average at best DC.  It’s posts like these that I just don’t get.  We have a chunk of our fan base that will forever think of bo as some great HC and exceptional Defensive mind when everything outside of the first 2-3 years show anything but.  He’s a below avg HC and just an avg DC....he comes with an attitude and unwillingness to recruit.  I’m not saying he’s not just coming back here I’m saying he won’t be a DC again at the pwr five level.  Let’s be honest he’s barely holding onto his job at YSU.

In my opinion, you downplay his success. A coach doesn’t walk into a program and fix it over night like a flip of a switch. I don’t know how else I can say I agree that he isn’t a head coach material. I disagree with your view about a DCs recruiting responsibilities, look at what Fisher just did for Chinander and the entire defense...and offense.

I agree with @hskrfan4life but his track record of success in the b12 and SEC, then taking YSU to a title game, I’d give him benefit of the doubt for a shot as a DC in the B1G. I think he’s a broke mans Harbaugh. 

I don’t quite get the “posts like these” comment, but that’s like, your opinion, man. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Husker said:

In my opinion, you downplay his success. A coach doesn’t walk into a program and fix it over night like a flip of a switch. I don’t know how else I can say I agree that he isn’t a head coach material. I disagree with your view about a DCs recruiting responsibilities, look at what Fisher just did for Chinander and the entire defense...and offense.

I agree with @hskrfan4life but his track record of success in the b12 and SEC, then taking YSU to a title game, I’d give him benefit of the doubt for a shot as a DC in the B1G. I think he’s a broke mans Harbaugh. 

I don’t quite get the “posts like these” comment, but that’s like, your opinion, man. 

The ones making him out to be something he’s not.  A good HC and excellent dc.  I agree his first couple years of the turnaround were great and he deserves credit but something happened as he struggled more.  He turned on one of the biggest things that make this place great, the fans, and in doing so I think turned a good part of the locker room against us too.  IMO his ego got in the way and when the talent dried up and he had no answer for it he needed a scapegoat and it was the fans, pressure, and location....and he had fans ready and willing to carry water on that front.  I’ve pointed out his defensive failures, his on the field embarrassments, and the fact he’s on the hot seat at YSU.  Again based on the ego, attitude, and lack of success.  Agree to disagree I guess.  I just feel sorry for the school that ends up with him.

3 hours ago, KingBlank said:

Ahh yes the old you little have no proof of anything guy, knew you would be here.  "But I heard from this guy and he knows some real people and they know and they told me "

Patrick, calm down. 

1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

“excels”.....under his direction gave up some of the worst defensive performances in Nebraska history against what was a watered down big10 compared to now. 

He wasn't DC then, he was head coach. Did you not read the post you responded to talking about Bo excelling as a DC specifically? 

2003 - #2 in PPGA, #1 turnover margin, #11 total defense

2004 - #11 in PPGA, #6 rushing defense

2005 - #3 in PPGA, #3 in total defense

2006 - #4 in PPGA, #3 in total defense

2007 - #17 in PPGA, #3 in total defense

He excels as a DC. Every year he's been a DC he's had fantastic results. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Patrick, calm down. 

He wasn't DC then, he was head coach. Did you not read the post you responded to talking about Bo excelling as a DC specifically? 

2003 - #2 in PPGA, #1 turnover margin, #11 total defense

2004 - #11 in PPGA, #6 rushing defense

2005 - #3 in PPGA, #3 in total defense

2006 - #4 in PPGA, #3 in total defense

2007 - #17 in PPGA, #3 in total defense

He excels as a DC. Every year he's been a DC he's had fantastic results. 

You aren’t really trying to tell me that you buy that poochy was the real dc are you.  Btw if he was some bang up high thought of candidate he wouldn’t be coaching at a big Hs in northern Ohio.  Again, oversaw some of the WORST defensive performances in husker history and that was against the weakest division in a watered down big10.

4 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

You aren’t really trying to tell me that you buy that poochy was the real dc are you.

I didn't say that, so no, that's not what I'm trying to tell you.

Btw if he was some bang up high thought of candidate he wouldn’t be coaching at a big Hs in northern Ohio. 

Maybe you're right. I also didn't say he was some high thought of candidate.

Again, oversaw some of the WORST defensive performances in husker history and that was against the weakest division in a watered down big10.

Yes he did. But not as a DC.

18 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I didn't say that, so no, that's not what I'm trying to tell you.

Maybe you're right. I also didn't say he was some high thought of candidate.

Yes he did. But not as a DC.

So you are saying it was bos defense because pooch was dc in name only and it had bos hands and calls all over it.  BUT he isn’t responsible for the defensive meltdowns against anybody with a pulse cuz he wasn’t the DC so it’s all on pooch.  Yeah not sure that kind of math adds up.  Pooch either was the DC, majority responsible for d and all calls OR it was bos baby and he shoulders the blame.  

you didn’t say he was highly sought after but are clearly defending him as some elite defensive mind and dc.  

13 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

you didn’t say he was highly sought after but are clearly defending him as some elite defensive mind and dc.  

I'm defending the claim that the DC role is where Bo excels, which you disagreed with, but is true. When he has specifically been in that role he has been excellent 100% of the time. 

12 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

The only part of this that I would agree with is his temper being a piece of what’s held him back.  At the end of the day he’s just hot garbage as a HC and meh as a dc.  He’s lazy and unimaginative in the recruiting world so as a dc you better have some stellar recruiters around him.  As a HC he peaks with other people’s players and then continues to trend downward as more is required from his recruits.  Over half of the defenses worst performances came under his watch and this was at a time when the big10 was a fraction of what it is now.  He was never rumored to be going anywhere after being canned by Nebraska as a HC...a few DC which never materialized to much more than rumors.  So yes him being fit for a straight jacket 99%, lazy recruiter, an average (at best) dc, and way below avg HC don’t exactly scream “hire me”. 

12 hours ago, NUance said:

Carl might have a better demeanor for the head coach position than Bo.  Carl doesn't go spastic over every penalty and miscue like Bo.  Carl could actually be a good HC at a place like Youngstown State.  Just sayin..

10 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Hmm I guess I could care less about a coach getting upset on the sideline.  Plenty of major successful coaches do that and if we were winning conference championships with Bo the amount of people upset about him being upset would have shrunk significantly.  Would be a nice pickup for LSU after losing Aranda imo. They dont need him to recruit that well and with good players he has proven he can put together an elite defense especially as more and more teams transition to spread offenses. 

There've been times I've thought Carl was the better DC...Don't remember which game I rewatched last year? But even the announcers kept praising our secondary mixing Zone and Man and totally confusing whoever it was we were playing.

Our Defense seemed to go downhill after Carl was gone...Probably mainly due to Clownahan's recruits using up their eligibility. 

Bo was somewhat entertaining on the sidelines, but worthless when he got really mad.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1