Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

9 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Bo is excellent, until he’s not. Then he’s the titanic. He wasn’t in Baton Rouge long and he was only an assistant to boot. 

Bo is a candidate for DC, defensive coordinator.  Last I checked that was a position as an assistant coach under head coach Ed Orgeron.  He was also at LSU from 2005-2007.   What was the point of your post?

• Plus1 3

10 hours ago, Landlord said:

I'm defending the claim that the DC role is where Bo excels, which you disagreed with, but is true. When he has specifically been in that role he has been excellent 100% of the time. 

Except when he was at Nebraska, as you acknowledged, he was in charge of the defense.  Call it what you want, but he was either in charge of the defense or he wasn’t.  Can’t have it both ways, and I don’t think you want to go down the path of arguing pooch was in charge.  Fact is he hired yes men to coordinator roles for that singular purpose he wanted to be in charge and never questioned.  So he owns it 100%.

6 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

Except when he was at Nebraska, as you acknowledged, he was in charge of the defense.  Call it what you want, but he was either in charge of the defense or he wasn’t.  Can’t have it both ways, and I don’t think you want to go down the path of arguing pooch was in charge.  Fact is he hired yes men to coordinator roles for that singular purpose he wanted to be in charge and never questioned.  So he owns it 100%.

so solely as a DC he excelled but as an HC that wanted to control everything he failed? because that is all landlord is saying, he excelled when his only responsibility was being a DC.

16 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Bo is a candidate for DC, defensive coordinator.  Last I checked that was a position as an assistant coach under head coach Ed Orgeron.  He was also at LSU from 2005-2007.   What was the point of your post?

To have you cite facts from wikipedia

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, krc1995 said:

To have you cite facts from wikipedia

It remains factual information whether it was from the LSUSports.net, Tiger Droppings, or the diner traffic in Larose, Louisiana.  Even that little bit of lagniappe added more value than you quote tweeting the post in the first place.  Bo is also not the "Titanic", usually his rants and outbursts were over in a few minutes.  That terrible movie lasted three hours.  Like Steve Harvey said, "Bring on the water"

46 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

It remains factual information whether it was from the LSUSports.net, Tiger Droppings, or the diner traffic in Larose, Louisiana.  Even that little bit of lagniappe added more value than you quote tweeting the post in the first place.  Bo is also not the "Titanic", usually his rants and outbursts were over in a few minutes.  That terrible movie lasted three hours.  Like Steve Harvey said, "Bring on the water"

:lol:       Some bad calls would render him non-functional for the rest of the game.

• Plus1 4

Lets all come to an agreement. Bo is a good DC, not a great head coach.  The sideline antics and his temper were not a big deal. People who use that as a reason to support Bo's failure, well they are just being lame.  I liked the passion, so did most of his players.  It came down to the fact he didn't like recruiting and he was not good with the media.  It had nothing to do with his sideline personality, or his rants.  Bo knows defense.

3 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Lets all come to an agreement. Bo is a good DC, not a great head coach.  The sideline antics and his temper were not a big deal. People who use that as a reason to support Bo's failure, well they are just being lame.  I liked the passion, so did most of his players.  It came down to the fact he didn't like recruiting and he was not good with the media.  It had nothing to do with his sideline personality, or his rants.  Bo knows defense.

Did you even watch the games?  Bo would get so apoplectically furious that he'd be ineffectual for at least a series or two.  Sometimes for the rest of the half.  His childish tirades were an embarrassment to the university.  How to you think the chancellor or regents felt when they'd see one of Bo's spitting-on-referee tirades as front page espn news?  Bo's temper got in the way of game management, and kept him from attracting high quality assistants and recruits.  It cost him his job at UNL and will likely keep him from ever being a head coach at a power five school.  

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 2
3 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

No.  He had a good run almost ~15 yrs ago as dc on an elite team.  Over the past 10 there is very little evidence “bo knows defense”.  Again below avg HC and just a meh dc, factor in his attitude, laziness, and sideline behavior and he’s simply not worth it.  I’d be surprised and then feel sorry for any fan base that got stuck with him in any capacity.

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

No.  He had a good run almost ~15 yrs ago as dc on an elite team.  Over the past 10 there is very little evidence “bo knows defense”.  Again below avg HC and just a meh dc, factor in his attitude, laziness, and sideline behavior and he’s simply not worth it.  I’d be surprised and then feel sorry for any fan base that got stuck with him in any capacity.

Agreed. Past his prime. He got trigged and it turned him rancid. The only reason he might do ok at  LSU is because of the talent in the state. It’s a lazy man’s dream. 

7 hours ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

Don’t forget about him having to be removed from the Minnesota game for a cardiac event. Dude is mentally and physically impaired. 

4 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

sorry, if Bo was a good DC then he wouldn't be hanging by a thread at Youngstown St. making 200k a yr... or the other factor, maybe, he is a good DC and his antic and temper tantrums kept him from getting other jobs.... Either way your post is inaccurate..!

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
6 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Lets all come to an agreement. Bo is a good DC?, not a great head coach.  The sideline antics and his temper were not a big deal. People who use that as a reason to support Bo's failure, well they are just being lame.  I liked the passion, so did most of his players.  It came down to the fact he didn't like recruiting and he was not good with the media.  It had nothing to do with his sideline personality, or his rants.  Bo knows defense.

''Loving'' LSUeax as much as I have over the years, I hope they hire him again...I only remember him as CO-DC with a better Brent Venables at Oklahoma and overseeing his older brother Carl at DONU...Our Defense seemed to drop after Carl was forced out and Beaux losing any desire to recruit, which is part of the job..

Nebraska Football: How Bo Pelini Can Scheme Around Weaknesses on Defense   I enjoyed his rants at first even though I got razzed at work, but he was a cancer with his ''Us against the fans...er...World'' thing. And again...Was pretty much braindead once he got pissed.

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

sorry, if Bo was a good DC then he wouldn't be hanging by a thread at Youngstown St. making 200k a yr... or the other factor, maybe, he is a good DC and his antic and temper tantrums kept him from getting other jobs.... Either way your post is inaccurate..!

He turned down many jobs dude, he's rich, he likes coaching there. 

• Plus1 2