Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

7 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Ok maybe Carl was the good defensive coach, i just remember our defense being good while Bo was here, and it would be hard for anyone to adjust their defense from the Big12 to the Big10.  Which is when he had some struggles.  If he cared for recruiting he would be pretty good.  Personally, i didnt mind his temper.  Its a passionate game.  And most the time he really went off were times he should have been mad.  There was some bs stuff we endured that last year in the big12.  

Umm....he was about 3 inches from whipping a ref with the back side of his hat....talk about awesome publicity for the program.  This was right before he swore several times in his post game presser and ~12 months from taking a flamethrower to the program on his way out.  He’s toxic and did more damage to Nebraska than any coach ever has....the fact some hide behind “9 wins” doesn’t change that.

6 hours ago, huskerfan333157 said:

I'm surprised at how many people have the opinion that bo is a bad dc. We did not have the defensive personnel to stop people in the big 10, you would think this would be common sense.  He was still top 40 every year in yards allowed (30-40).  He just couldn't recruit and is not a good head coach.  People need to think logically for once 

So in year 8 whose fault is it he didn’t have the players.  This dill weed is so dense he couldn’t capitalize on the success such had here.  Also, not like he had one yr in the big10, he was working on what yr 4-5.  It was also a shell of what the west is now.  

• Plus1 1
29 minutes ago, BackInTheDay said:

Yeah, but it might not be the one you are espousing.  It may have been because he was earning big time Nebraska money while head coaching in his hometown and allowing his kids to attend the high school he most wanted them to attend.  He was content to stay at Youngstown, cash NU checks and be back in the old neighborhood.  I think Pelini was looking for a way out of Nebraska without giving up his contract money.  He saw Carl resign at FAU and lose his money by not waiting to be fired, so it is my speculation he did his best to get fired so he could go back to Youngstown and get his kids enrolled in Carl Mooney High School and still get paid a pretty penny.

So I don’t agree....but yet, even if you’re right here he still sits.  And right now just happens to be on the hot seat in that little northern Ohio school.

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

Bo was a good Defensive Coordinator - in 2007 through about 2010.

Then people figured out his defense, made changes to how they attacked it, and he couldn't adjust.

A good DC doesn't get gashed on the ground year after year after year after year. They diagnose the problem in their scheme and fix it.

If it's a matter of personnel - that's on Bo, too. He's the coach, he's recruiting these guys.

How'd he know they were going to the big 10?  He was magically supposed to know before everyone else?  He still had a top 40 defense which isn't as awful as people are making it to be.  I understand hes not a good head coach but still a good dc.  

39 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

So in year 8 whose fault is it he didn’t have the players.  This dill weed is so dense he couldn’t capitalize on the success such had here.  Also, not like he had one yr in the big10, he was working on what yr 4-5.  It was also a shell of what the west is now.  

His defense was still top 40.  Hes not a good head coach but he'd be a great dc for lsu.  He wouldn't have to focus on recruiting so much 

19 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

His defense was still top 40.  Hes not a good head coach but he'd be a great dc for lsu.  He wouldn't have to focus on recruiting so much 

No he shouldn’t have known he’d move to the big 10 but in yr 5 whose fault is it his defense and his roster couldn’t catch up.  On top of that it was a really watered down big10 which likely helped his “stats”.  Iowa, MN, PSU, Maryland, Purdue, Indiana, and even Illini are a way better than they were then.  

BTW, I would think an elite defensive mind could figure out how to stop the jet sweep.  Why do I say that?  Because average to below avg defensive minds have figured out how to defend it, with lesser players.

BTW, I would think an elite defensive mind could figure out how to stop the jet sweep.  Why do I say that?  Because average to below avg defensive minds have figured out how to defend it, with lesser players.

So...how do you think Bo's WORST season compared to Nebraska's last season, defense wise? Maybe let's not trash Bo too much until we hit better sailing without him and get to a bowl game, perhaps.  Okay?

• Plus1 1

408.  Never forget. 

If that is the only game you want to remember from Pelini's time here, then I'm afraid that says more about you than it does him.

Right now, Nebraska hasn't climbed back high enough in football to look down on the likes of Pelini.  His biggest sin, (if many Nebraska fans were big enough to admit it), was he never was that in to the fan base after they booed the team at halftime during his comeback win at Ohio State.  After that game, he vented on the leaked tape and the honeymoon was over with a lot of Nebraska fans because they couldn't stand the idea of somebody...ANYBODY... not thinking they were the nicest, greatest, bestest fans of all of college football, let alone it being their own coach.  Not everybody, but a lot of people.

• Plus1 1
17 minutes ago, BackInTheDay said:

So...how do you think Bo's WORST season compared to Nebraska's last season, defense wise? Maybe let's not trash Bo too much until we hit better sailing without him and get to a bowl game, perhaps.  Okay?

Bo was, is still, and will forever be a clown.  

let me get this straight.  You want me to compare frost in yr two, working to fix the blunders of both pelini and Riley, to bos defense in yr 7.  Just curious do you also compare kindergartners finger paintings to the Mona Lisa.

for the record again, some of Nebraska’s WORST defensive performances not only came under bos watch but came in yrs 5-7.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, BackInTheDay said:

If that is the only game you want to remember from Pelini's time here, then I'm afraid that says more about you than it does him.

Right now, Nebraska hasn't climbed back high enough in football to look down on the likes of Pelini.  His biggest sin, (if many Nebraska fans were big enough to admit it), was he never was that in to the fan base after they booed the team at halftime during his comeback win at Ohio State.  After that game, he vented on the leaked tape and the honeymoon was over with a lot of Nebraska fans because they couldn't stand the idea of somebody...ANYBODY... not thinking they were the nicest, greatest, bestest fans of all of college football, let alone it being their own coach.  Not everybody, but a lot of people.

That is but one example.  How about losing the big10 champ game to a what, 7 win Wisconsin team in a boat race.   

wait what was the lead we dropped to UCLA at home....21.

how about letting franklin (UCLA) simply catch swing passes against Compton okay after play with no adjustment.  Great defensive mind for sure.

these are just a few there are more.  And I’ll mention again.  This clown was in charge of the defense when the big10 was awful.

michigan osu, psu, Indiana, Purdue, mn, Iowa, Maryland, are all significantly better now then they were then