Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

8 hours ago, BackInTheDay said:

If that is the only game you want to remember from Pelini's time here, then I'm afraid that says more about you than it does him.

I have no idea why you would think that's the only Pelini game I want to remember.  My top two theories are:  1) You are not a smart man.  And 2) You are trying to create an argument. 

Those are not mutually exclusive theories.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, NUance said:

I have no idea why you would think that's the only Pelini game I want to remember.  My top two theories are:  1) You are not a smart man.  And 2) You are trying to create an argument. 

Those are not mutually exclusive theories.

Its 2020, I don't think you're allowed to assume one's gender

:sarcasm

10 hours ago, huskerfan333157 said:

How'd he know they were going to the big 10?  He was magically supposed to know before everyone else?  He still had a top 40 defense which isn't as awful as people are making it to be.  I understand hes not a good head coach but still a good dc.  

This explanation is valid for 2011, maybe even 2012. But not after.

He found out we were going to the Big Ten in 2010, and could recruit accordingly beginning with that class. He didn't change because he is a lazy recruiter.

He had the 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 classes to work with in 2014, giving him the benefit of the doubt on not counting the 2014 Freshmen. That's four years of classes he could recruit, develop and get ready for the Big Ten.

With all that experience, all that time to be familiar with the conference, he still couldn't stop relatively basic running plays from Wisconsin. Melvin Gordon, 408 yards. 2014.

There's just no excuse for that.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
11 hours ago, huskerfan333157 said:

How'd he know they were going to the big 10?  He was magically supposed to know before everyone else?  He still had a top 40 defense which isn't as awful as people are making it to be.  I understand hes not a good head coach but still a good dc.  

Coaching good Defense in the Big 12 is a big difference vs coaching good defense in the Big Ten.

I think Bo's problem was he relied too much on the cupboard and didn't restock it.  Nebraska would have fared much better Defensively in 2011 and beyond in the Big 12 under Bo, but mostly because of the pass happy and Offense first lifestyle.

12 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Yes his 9 wins a year beating a watered down big 10 and his whale trophy.  Any reasonable person can see his 9 wins was, and had been, in serious jeopardy for at least a few yrs.  as the big10 got better no way he kept that up.  He’s a clown and isn’t HC or dc at a pwr five material.....my proof.  After what....yr five.....he’s barely holding onto coaching a big Hs in northern Ohio.

I don't know...I mean use the good old sociological imagination for a second.  Put yourself in his shoes.

He was a NC in college with LSU (Did he win one with OU?  I don't know)

He has a Super Bowl ring with the 49ers

He is rich beyond his wildest dreams (I would imagine)

He can retire anytime he wants

I mean...if you had that resume and wealth would you really be doing all you could to get a new super high stress job?  Not me!

Most of us dream of having enough money to do exactly what we want when we want.  

Now, I am sure there is a good chance that schools have not called him to be a HC but I would also think there is a good chance that he has made it clear that it would have to be the 100% perfect fit for him to leave.  

And face it, a lot of Huskers are thinking one of two things...

1.  He can't get a HC job at a big time school...haha told you so!

2.  I hope he gets one so that he can fail...haha told you so!

• Plus1 3
4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

This explanation is valid for 2011, maybe even 2012. But not after.

He found out we were going to the Big Ten in 2010, and could recruit accordingly beginning with that class. He didn't change because he is a lazy recruiter.

He had the 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 classes to work with in 2014, giving him the benefit of the doubt on not counting the 2014 Freshmen. That's four years of classes he could recruit, develop and get ready for the Big Ten.

With all that experience, all that time to be familiar with the conference, he still couldn't stop relatively basic running plays from Wisconsin. Melvin Gordon, 408 yards. 2014.

There's just no excuse for that.

Well, if you remember correctly (no link) all us fans were basically fully on board with the fact that the Huskers current recruiting was going to show the Big Ten was "real speed" looked like and how the conference would not be able to handle the "Texas Speed" that the Huskers had and blah blah blah.  Also remember that a "monkey could win 9 games in the Big Ten"

I guess scientists will have to figure out what animal Riley and Frost are...

My last word on the subject:  One can pick any or every reason for not liking Bo Pelini.  That's a choice, and one can't argue choices.  However, one can't argue that he wasn't successful here at Nebraska...especially after the last five seasons Nebraska has went through.

Call me back into this thread when we have a coach who is averaging TEN WINS a season through the course of his career here at Nebraska and tell me how bad Pelini is THEN AND ONLY THEN.  Because until that time, you are arguing against season records, not me...and those don't leave any room for "yeah, but".

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, BackInTheDay said:

My last word on the subject:  One can pick any or every reason for not liking Bo Pelini.  That's a choice, and one can't argue choices.  However, one can't argue that he wasn't successful here at Nebraska...especially after the last five seasons Nebraska has went through.

Call me back into this thread when we have a coach who is averaging TEN WINS a season through the course of his career here at Nebraska and tell me how bad Pelini is THEN AND ONLY THEN.  Because until that time, you are arguing against season records, not me...and those don't leave any room for "yeah, but".

Sorry Mrs. Pelini

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, BackInTheDay said:

It's weird that people ONLY focus on wins when assessing a coach.

They're the face of your program. That matters, a lot.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I drove to Madison for this one. Safe to say I was officially out on Pelini after. Nothing like spending time and money to get your teeth kicked in and mocked for 4 hours. Pelini was embarrassing on a few levels. 

Ha ha!  Sorry man.  But that may have been the worst road game to attend since teh whooping we took in Boulder in 2001.  Ouch! 

On 1/23/2020 at 8:43 PM, NUance said:

408.  Never forget.  

This one hurts.  These aren't complicated plays Wisconsin is running.  It's just power with big people pulling for fast people.  The Huskers look so tiny out there.  

What's really interesting is at 4:03 you can see how many starts that offensive line for Wisconsin had.  I think one guy had more starts than our entire offensive line combined last year.