Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

10 hours ago, Redux said:

Coaching good Defense in the Big 12 is a big difference vs coaching good defense in the Big Ten.

I think Bo's problem was he relied too much on the cupboard and didn't restock it.  Nebraska would have fared much better Defensively in 2011 and beyond in the Big 12 under Bo, but mostly because of the pass happy and Offense first lifestyle.

These are the kind of excuses that provide cover for bo.  He isn’t the defensive mind some of you give him credit for.  The man couldn’t design a defense to stop the jet sweep.  Let that marinate for a little while.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

I don't know...I mean use the good old sociological imagination for a second.  Put yourself in his shoes.

He was a NC in college with LSU (Did he win one with OU?  I don't know)

He has a Super Bowl ring with the 49ers

He is rich beyond his wildest dreams (I would imagine)

He can retire anytime he wants

I mean...if you had that resume and wealth would you really be doing all you could to get a new super high stress job?  Not me!

Most of us dream of having enough money to do exactly what we want when we want.  

Now, I am sure there is a good chance that schools have not called him to be a HC but I would also think there is a good chance that he has made it clear that it would have to be the 100% perfect fit for him to leave.  

And face it, a lot of Huskers are thinking one of two things...

1.  He can't get a HC job at a big time school...haha told you so!

2.  I hope he gets one so that he can fail...haha told you so!

So again with the excuses....he’s coaching a large Hs in northern Ohio not because nobody wants him but because he doesn’t want them.  Newsflash, YSU wants him gone.  

for the record #1 is accurate and if by chance he gets a dc role #2 would be accurate.  Not to worried about it, if it happens, just have the other team run the jet sweep.....automatic 650 yds

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

Well, if you remember correctly (no link) all us fans were basically fully on board with the fact that the Huskers current recruiting was going to show the Big Ten was "real speed" looked like and how the conference would not be able to handle the "Texas Speed" that the Huskers had and blah blah blah.  Also remember that a "monkey could win 9 games in the Big Ten"

I guess scientists will have to figure out what animal Riley and Frost are...

So again, comparing frost against either of those two as he fixes their mistakes is laughable.  Do you also compare research projects of pre k to Hs students.  

9 hours ago, BackInTheDay said:

My last word on the subject:  One can pick any or every reason for not liking Bo Pelini.  That's a choice, and one can't argue choices.  However, one can't argue that he wasn't successful here at Nebraska...especially after the last five seasons Nebraska has went through.

Call me back into this thread when we have a coach who is averaging TEN WINS a season through the course of his career here at Nebraska and tell me how bad Pelini is THEN AND ONLY THEN.  Because until that time, you are arguing against season records, not me...and those don't leave any room for "yeah, but".

Can we Marty McFly it back in time to the years bo got to play and osu and psu team on probation, a Purdue, Iowa, and Illinios team that were hot garbage, a MN team that was avg to below, and a mich team that had just fired their HC.   Nah, ok cool comparison bro.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, N is for nowledge said:

Can we Marty McFly it back in time to the years bo got to play and osu and psu team on probation, a Purdue, Iowa, and Illinios team that were hot garbage, a MN team that was avg to below, and a mich team that had just fired their HC.   Nah, ok cool comparison bro.

I will give you credit...you hate Bo!

You are like John Rambo when the Sheriff drove him out of town.  

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

These are the kind of excuses that provide cover for bo.  He isn’t the defensive mind some of you give him credit for.  The man couldn’t design a defense to stop the jet sweep.  Let that marinate for a little while.

It's not an excuse, we watched it for 7 years.

His schemes aren't the problem, it's the in game adjustments he struggles with BECAUSE he doesn't recruit the exact personnel he needs.  If he has a stud at each key spot, his schemes work outstanding when you have a guy in those spots like '09 and '10 and to a lesser extent '12.

Recruiting.....that's the problem.  Not an excuse.  If you read what I wrote, he succeeded at defending the Big 12, that's not calling him a guru.  FFS, Baylor had the best Defense this year I think.

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, Redux said:

It's not an excuse, we watched it for 7 years.

His schemes aren't the problem, it's the in game adjustments he struggles with BECAUSE he doesn't recruit the exact personnel he needs.  If he has a stud at each key spot, his schemes work outstanding when you have a guy in those spots like '09 and '10 and to a lesser extent '12.

Recruiting.....that's the problem.  Not an excuse.  If you read what I wrote, he succeeded at defending the Big 12, that's not calling him a guru.  FFS, Baylor had the best Defense this year I think.

Um my 4 year olds “schemes” work with elite recruits.  So let me get this straight....we want to take the delorean back to when the big10 was a cesspool or under probation.  Then send the damn thing back pulling a trailer to bring back all the talent from Callahan.  

I boggles the mind the water people continue to carry for this lunatic, excuse after excuse after excuse.

1 minute ago, skersfan said:

It is like the toilets that take 15 flushes, it just never goes away.

The excuses.....I know right.  Bobots treat him as if he’s a god and he’s barely holding on to HC at YSU for Christ’s sake.

56 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I will give you credit...you hate Bo!

You are like John Rambo when the Sheriff drove him out of town.  

I’ll wear it like a badge of honor, but I’ll say that hatred is mutual.  He obviously showed hatred and disdain for the fan base, the state, and the program.  I can’t let excuses for this clown go unchecked.  Call it one of my flaws.  

fact remains, that many of the bobots make excuses for him.  They mention conference change, Mike Riley, recruiting, etc.....but make no mistake he caused more damage to the program than anyone outside Steve pederson than any of the three previous coaches.  

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, Redux said:

Coaching good Defense in the Big 12 is a big difference vs coaching good defense in the Big Ten.

I think Bo's problem was he relied too much on the cupboard and didn't restock it.  Nebraska would have fared much better Defensively in 2011 and beyond in the Big 12 under Bo, but mostly because of the pass happy and Offense first lifestyle.

+1

1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

Um my 4 year olds “schemes” work with elite recruits.  So let me get this straight....we want to take the delorean back to when the big10 was a cesspool or under probation.  Then send the damn thing back pulling a trailer to bring back all the talent from Callahan.  

I boggles the mind the water people continue to carry for this lunatic, excuse after excuse after excuse.

The excuses.....I know right.  Bobots treat him as if he’s a god and he’s barely holding on to HC at YSU for Christ’s sake.

Ohhhhh, you're one of those "incapable of discussion" types that just likes making the same hot garbage takes you made 6 years ago.  Got it.

• Plus1 4