Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

Bo was a good defensive coordinator. Doesn't seem like a very risky hire IMO, plus he worked there before. When he was at Nebraska it seemed like whenever he focused on a position, that position did well. When he focused on special teams we had our best special teams year under him. He's still gonna yell on the sidelines but he's not going to be as stressed or be the focal point. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

12 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

All these subtle digs yet all I did was respond to bobots that continue to carry water for bo.  And, not surprisingly, not one of you have responded to address any of the factual, objective statements.

Mine wasn't a dig. Just highlighting how you two are at far opposite ends of the Bo spectrum. If it helps, I'm closer to your end than KingBlank's. I just give Bo a little bit of credit. I mean of our 3 most recent former coaches he was the best and least damaging. That doesn't mean I miss him or think he was any kind of defensive guru....damn.....Gordon is still running on us, he just went past my house.

• Fire 2
6 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

First, he isn’t hired for anything yet so slow your roll.  Second, if hired I’ll laugh as all the SEC adds the vaunted jet sweep to their playbook, again it’s an automatic 700 yds.

id disagree saying he was a better coach.  His nine wins was all his supporters focus on when there is really much more.  I’ll say again he did more damage and put the program back further than any coach I recall before or after.  Below are a couple reasons along with a long enough tenure for the culture to really sink in...

roster mismanagement and depth (2 scholarship lbs were here for MR and one of those had to be convinced to stay)

9 wins normalized as the ultimate goal

turned us against the world to include their own fans

Recruiting.  For ~6 yrs we were on a self imposed probation where out of a class of 24, 10 wouldn’t make it here or would be complete turds.

Due to the lack of recruiting, no depth led to no accountability.  Players didn’t have to lift or even give effort at times because god knew #2 was horrible.

his 9 wins were on thin ice, losing poorly to anyone with a pulse, against a very watered down big10

he pursued a jv te (dillman) at qb for the love of god in order to snub joe burrow.  No they didn’t have Lamar Jackson committed.

Defensive performances were really something to witness first hand. those disasters still stand.

His sideline behavior, to the point of being 3-4 inches from assaulting a referee, were national embarrassments that continued the destruction of both the program and university.

these are the big ones but sure I’m forgetting some biggies.

my point is this isn’t just some grudge. The above items are all objective, facts, not some flame throwing and are 100% accurate.  It bugs me  for fans, who btw he hates you, continue to carry water for him making excuses and pointing back to a time very far removed.  Using that logic Nebraska is still elite based on our 90’s run.

jeezus

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
18 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Mine wasn't a dig. Just highlighting how you two are at far opposite ends of the Bo spectrum. If it helps, I'm closer to your end than KingBlank's. I just give Bo a little bit of credit. I mean of our 3 most recent former coaches he was the best and least damaging. That doesn't mean I miss him or think he was any kind of defensive guru....damn.....Gordon is still running on us, he just went past my house.

This is about where I am. I don't think Bo is a good head coach, but right now he's the 3rd best head coach Nebraska has had. He's easily above average. Hopefully Frost takes his place at #3.

Edit: Er I forgot about Solich :). So I guess tied for 3rd, or 4th.

• Plus1 1