Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

42 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

This sounds about right. 

It's easy to see Bo taking a slight demotion to work for the defending national champions and Ed Orgeron. Or going back to the NFL.

Harder to see him taking the same position with a struggling P5 team and a younger head coach. 

Assuming we could magically delete all memories of the past 15 years, we'd take Bo over Chinander in a heartbeat. 

No one asks the Defensive Coordinator to represent the state. 

We wouldn’t want him back and he wouldn’t want to come here, regardless of the HC age.  Bill belichek himself could be the HC and wouldn’t matter.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, junior4949 said:

When Bo has elite talent, he can build a very stout defense.  When he was breaking all the wrong kind of defensive records here, he didn't have elite talent.  I'd assume he won't have to do much of the recruiting at LSU.  They already have elite talent. 

No offense. But who couldnt field a very stout defense with Elite talent?

• Fire 1

6 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

It’s really more like 50/50 but do carry on.....I’m really having fun watching the usual suspects re write history in which you completely blow past the bo led teams that have fielded a sub par defense for the better part of a decade....instead focusing on the 3-4 seasons a long time ago.

You have the right to your opinion, and maybe your right.  I mean this is a matter of opinion i guess.  I was being a bit of a d!(k with my post. Ill admit that.  I guess i enjoy livening up the convos.  I dont mean it as disrespectful, i just thought it would be more fun to rub it in that Orgeron agrees with me.  Its hard to tell over text, but i wouldnt be mean, or have hard feelings to you or the other Bo haters in person.  Anyways, he has fielded some very average defenses as a HC, but as a DC i beg to differ.  I feel like his defenses as a DC have been very good, and i feel like some of his not-so-good defenses have lacked talent.  Which is partly his fault, as he does not work hard at recruiting.  I actually said he is not a great HC and he is a bad recruiter.  All my point was is that he is a good Defensive coach.  And when Orgeron agreed, i took that as proof.  But maybe Orgeron is as dumb as me? I bet bo does well at a place where he doesn't have to recruit very hard to get talent.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Looks like you ignored my fourth sentence. 

So if we could ignore his attitude and piss poor defenses he’s put on the field for the last 10-12 yrs.  sure.  Wouldn’t it be great if our work history were all looked at through a lens of not only 4-6 yrs but also pick our most successful.  Raises and promotions for everyone.

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

You have the right to your opinion, and maybe your right.  I mean this is a matter of opinion i guess.  I was being a bit of a d!(k with my post. Ill admit that.  I guess i enjoy livening up the convos.  I dont mean it as disrespectful, i just thought it would be more fun to rub it in that Orgeron agrees with me.  Its hard to tell over text, but i wouldnt be mean, or have hard feelings to you or the other Bo haters in person.  Anyways, he has fielded some very average defenses as a HC, but as a DC i beg to differ.  I feel like his defenses as a DC have been very good, and i feel like some of his not-so-good defenses have lacked talent.  Which is partly his fault, as he does not work hard at recruiting.  I actually said he is not a great HC and he is a bad recruiter.  All my point was is that he is a good Defensive coach.  And when Orgeron agreed, i took that as proof.  But maybe Orgeron is as dumb as me? I bet bo does well at a place where he doesn't have to recruit very hard to get talent.

Fair enough, I didn’t take you as being a d!(k fwiw.  I disagree, not a shocker, but we will find out for better or worse.

18 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

So if we could ignore his attitude and piss poor defenses he’s put on the field for the last 10-12 yrs.  sure.  Wouldn’t it be great if our work history were all looked at through a lens of not only 4-6 yrs but also pick our most successful.  Raises and promotions for everyone.

I think that if we looked at the guy who was Nebraska's DC under Frank Solich, then the DC for National Champion LSU, then was the HC at a P5 program not named Nebraska, where he strung together seven 9/10 win seasons but it looked like media relations and head coaching wasn't his strong suit, we would consider him a big name get for our DC job, and an upgrade over Chinander. 

Or to put it another way, do you have  higher standards and a more discerning lens than Ed Orgeron and the National Champion LSU Tigers?

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2