Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

36 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think that if we looked at the guy who was Nebraska's DC under Frank Solich, then the DC for National Champion LSU, then was the HC at a P5 program not named Nebraska, where he strung together seven 9/10 win seasons but it looked like media relations and head coaching wasn't his strong suit, we would consider him a big name get for our DC job, and an upgrade over Chinander. 

Or to put it another way, do you have  higher standards and a more discerning lens than Ed Orgeron and the National Champion LSU Tigers?

Sometimes a coach can be a great coach, but not right for your team anymore. I would NOT take Bo over Chinander at this point.  But thats not cause i don't think Bo would make a great DC.  Its cause it just wouldnt work anymore.  Bo kinda burned his bridge so to say.  I happen to think I'd say similar to what Bo said after his firing, as i believe Eichorst, and Pearlman were the real villains of Nebraska football, NOT Bo.  So in his shoes, i would have been pissed too, and similar to Bo, im not a politically correct bulls#!tter, so i would have spoken my mind/heart.....which is what Bo did.  Like Frost allided to on the day of his hiring, we had terrible leadership from the TOP.  Bo reacted like any imperfect, emotional human would.  If anyone here hasn't ever done the same then you can be the first to cast the stone at Bo for the words he said that were secretly recorded.

Edit:  it just irks me that society is just so judgemental today.  We act like we are all perfect and that once a person does one thing even remotely wrong, we all think they need to be cast off for the remainder of eternity.  Idk anout yall, but ive yet to meet one person who has never done a stupid or wrong thing before....and if someone acts like they haven't.....typically they are the worst of the bunch under their lil mask they wear.

41 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Sometimes a coach can be a great coach, but not right for your team anymore. I would NOT take Bo over Chinander at this point.  But thats not cause i don't think Bo would make a great DC.  Its cause it just wouldnt work anymore.  Bo kinda burned his bridge so to say.  I happen to think I'd say similar to what Bo said after his firing, as i believe Eichorst, and Pearlman were the real villains of Nebraska football, NOT Bo.  So in his shoes, i would have been pissed too, and similar to Bo, im not a politically correct bulls#!tter, so i would have spoken my mind/heart.....which is what Bo did.  Like Frost allided to on the day of his hiring, we had terrible leadership from the TOP.  Bo reacted like any imperfect, emotional human would.  If anyone here hasn't ever done the same then you can be the first to cast the stone at Bo for the words he said that were secretly recorded.

Edit:  it just irks me that society is just so judgemental today.  We act like we are all perfect and that once a person does one thing even remotely wrong, we all think they need to be cast off for the remainder of eternity.  Idk anout yall, but ive yet to meet one person who has never done a stupid or wrong thing before....and if someone acts like they haven't.....typically they are the worst of the bunch under their lil mask they wear.

I'm not sure why I bother to use words.

Both posts went out of their way to explain that Bo could not and would not return to Nebraska given the mutual bridge burning. 

Merely saying that a coach with Bo Pelini's resume might look like a big name upgrade from Chinander if we lived in a magical place that erased select memories.

It's a semi-relevant discussion, given that a lot of Husker fans would like to replace Chinander, and the candidate pool would likely include young up and comers as well as Pelinesque options -- veteran coaches returning to their comfort zone. 

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm not sure why I bother to use words.

Both posts went out of their way to explain that Bo could not and would not return to Nebraska given the mutual bridge burning. 

Merely saying that a coach with Bo Pelini's resume might look like a big name upgrade from Chinander if we lived in a magical place that erased select memories.

It's a semi-relevant discussion, given that a lot of Husker fans would like to replace Chinander, and the candidate pool would likely include young up and comers as well as Pelinesque options -- veteran coaches returning to their comfort zone. 

Im also not sure what you missed? Are we even disagreeing?? If so then its on!!! 

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

I feel like...some people are actually mad that Bo got this LSU gig...

I hope he performs to his ability at LSU. I really have nothing against the guy. His gruff demeanor and language didn't bother me at all. The problem I had with him was he was more than satisfied with his 9 wins and his defenses were quite mediocre without elite talent. He'll be fine at LSU for at least 3 or 4 years.....then I want to play them :lol:

3 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

No, I’m actually glad he’s back in the pwr five so I can watch him fail, the jet sweep is alive and well

You're going to be disappointed because he will do well. He excels with premium talent and only failed here because he couldn't recruit on his own.  His best defenses were with Callahan's guys, but they were some of the best we've had.

3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I think that if we looked at the guy who was Nebraska's DC under Frank Solich, then the DC for National Champion LSU, then was the HC at a P5 program not named Nebraska, where he strung together seven 9/10 win seasons but it looked like media relations and head coaching wasn't his strong suit, we would consider him a big name get for our DC job, and an upgrade over Chinander. 

Or to put it another way, do you have  higher standards and a more discerning lens than Ed Orgeron and the National Champion LSU Tigers?

Again you have your opinion I have mine.  Curious why you didn’t reference the defense, while HC at this pwr five gig, that he took full control of, was largely a disaster.  We take that into account or nah?  Also, strange you didn’t include how he was about ready to get run out of his fcs position as HC, a position he took because he had nowhere else to go, nah.  

most curious is referring to his ego, attitude, and general being a s#!t human as “media relations”.  

again the best part of this is we get to see it play out.  I’m grabbing popcorn.

28 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

Again you have your opinion I have mine.  Curious why you didn’t reference the defense, while HC at this pwr five gig, that he took full control of, was largely a disaster.  We take that into account or nah?  Also, strange you didn’t include how he was about ready to get run out of his fcs position as HC, a position he took because he had nowhere else to go, nah.  

most curious is referring to his ego, attitude, and general being a s#!t human as “media relations”.  

again the best part of this is we get to see it play out.  I’m grabbing popcorn.

I find it ironic you call him a s#!t human.  Do you know the guy? Im sure your a far better human arent you?  I already pretty much know your response.  According to yourself your one of the best humans ever huh?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

I find it ironic you call him a s#!t human.  Do you know the guy? Im sure your a far better human arent you?  I already pretty much know your response.  According to yourself your one of the best humans ever huh?

No, I’m not perfect.  I can say I’ve never almost assaulted a referee on natl tv, never taken a flamethrower to my former bosses institution, nor had the home team pa ask that police come get me off the field. I know enough of the guy I feel confident on my statement or I wouldn’t have said it.  

my opinion you obviously have yours.  Like I said, I’m grabbing popcorn and watching the show.  I like Ed O, but am pretty sure he’ll regret this in the short term.

FF7DC6CE-C542-4CED-AAE6-F31A726F6464.gif

• Haha 2
6 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

I understand why you dont like him.  But why does it matter if assault is on t.v. or not? It is just as bad wether on national t.v. or not.  And if hitting someone with a hat is the worst he has ever done.  Color me impressed.  

I guess I forgot to mention too when he brought a rapist or two onto the team at YSU, made natl news.

https://footballscoop.com/news/bo-pelini-plays-convicted-rapist-malik-richmond/

oh wait, how about that time starling let them know he was signing Mlb.  Bo, and the circus crew hopped in the car road tripping to kc.  Upon arriving at a Hs kids house started doing cookies in the yard throwing beer bottles out the window and at the house.  Bubbas dad had to threaten to call the cops before they drove away.  Peter gammons did some really great reporting on the incident.

So sorry not to impress you but assaulting someone is probably down ole bos list a bit.  I mean gee, what a high character guy, right?

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

I guess I forgot to mention too when he brought a rapist or two onto the team at YSU, made natl news.

https://footballscoop.com/news/bo-pelini-plays-convicted-rapist-malik-richmond/

oh wait, how about that time starling let them know he was signing Mlb.  Bo, and the circus crew hopped in the car road tripping to kc.  Upon arriving at a Hs kids house started doing cookies in the yard throwing beer bottles out the window and at the house.  Bubbas dad had to threaten to call the cops before they drove away.  Peter gammons did some really great reporting on the incident.

So sorry not to impress you but assaulting someone is probably down ole bos list a bit.  I mean gee, what a high character guy, right?

Doing donuts in the yard and throwing beer bottles? Lol if thats true that is hilarious.  A 40 year old man smh sorry but that made me laugh.  Have no idea if thats true or not

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BigPeterJ said:

I understand why you dont like him.  But why does it matter if assault is on t.v. or not? It is just as bad wether on national t.v. or not.  And if hitting someone with a hat is the worst he has ever done.  Color me impressed.  

Public perception is harder to defend when everyone sees it...Ribbing from co-workers about what my old school will put up with... is just a nuisance...May be a very slight factor in a job interview if my simple desire of living vicariously through my favourite team makes the HR guy wonder if I would ever condone violence...(Was sometimes in the back of my mind while defending Phillips or Christian Peter).

34 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

Doing donuts in the yard and throwing beer bottles? Lol if thats true that is hilarious.  A 40 year old man smh sorry but that made me laugh.  Have no idea if thats true or not

Yeah...I was hoping for some sort of link since I've been away in AZ half of my life...But it's pretty easy to believe after seeing him on national TV.

I tried to focus on the ''Entertainment value'' in Bo's tirades, and maybe even loved him for NOT being Callahan. but I also had great concern at his inability to move on to the next play...or even the rest of the game or... season... if he got pissed.

I AM surprised he's going to LSU...It will be interesting to see how his hatred of recruiting meshes with Orgeron's love for it, but I still wonder if Bo is near as good a DC without Carl...Having him at DONU instead of Chinander might have helped Scott Frost evolve faster into a complete coach and putting some sort of value in stopping the other team rather than just trying to outscore them, (Something I also felt about Callahan at times)..Hopefully that won't be necessary..