Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

6 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

And all I argued was that was well over ten yrs ago.  That’s a fact, and then I said we will see it play out on the field.  You’re no more right than I am because they are both opinions, led by a handful of facts on either side.  I do acknowledge his success as a dc at LSU.  I also believe the game has passed him by, largely led by his ego and inability to adapt.  Again, opinion, we will see it play out.

I agree with you btw and am waiting a few years for the implosion.  Offenses figure out how to adapt to defenses and vice versa. It is what drives the evolution of the game. The great coaches are genius' that are able to be introspective and adapt, of which I feel Bo is neither. 

• Plus1 1

7 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Jesus.  I don’t feel jilted, I don’t have it out for him.  Some of you think he was good for the university and a great DC.  I disagree, obviously.  I’ve backed mine up with verifiable facts.  All ive done is respond to people that continue to make excuses for him, blame someone else, point to a time north of 10 yrs ago, cherry-pick facts.  I mean it is a message board on a topic of bo going to LSU as a dc.  Some of you think he’s a defensive genius, I believe otherwise.  We get to see this thing play out.  However, you want this thread to die quit responding carrying water for the guy, rewriting history while taking an eraser to the last 7-8 yrs.

You’ve backed up jack sh#t with facts. You have an opinion, that’s it, well, and the lies.

Pelini did not road trip to Starling’s house and spin donuts in his yard while throwing beer bottles out the window. One know nothing reporter, Peter Gammons, said Pelini lost it with Starling. And that little nugget of misinformation was dispelled at the time by Pelini and the Starlings. It’s complete bullsh#t.

I don’t think he’s a defensive genius. I’m glad he’s no longer at Nebraska and I don’t want him back. But man, you gotta reel it in a bit. It’s quite ridiculous.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You’ve backed up jack sh#t with facts. You have an opinion, that’s it, well, and the lies.

Pelini did not road trip to Starling’s house and spin donuts in his yard while throwing beer bottles out the window. One know nothing reporter, Peter Gammons, said Pelini lost it with Starling. And that little nugget of misinformation was dispelled at the time by Pelini and the Starlings. It’s complete bullsh#t.

I don’t think he’s a defensive genius. I’m glad he’s no longer at Nebraska and I don’t want him back. But man, you gotta reel it in a bit. It’s quite ridiculous.

I truly wish this story were true.  But i just can't believe that if it were, it wouldn't have made actual news.  This would be a front page story, especially for as much as many of our media members hated Bo.  It made me laugh so kudos for that.  But come on...Bo is emotional but he isn't stupid.  If he truly did this, he knows it would be the end of him as a football coach of any kind.  He did possibly want to be fired , so i will leave you with that out lol.  If he did it , it would have had to be a stunt to hope he got fired from it.  But in all seriousness he couldn't have done this.

It reminds me of that time Osborne got pissed off at Bowden, and went to his house in Tallahassee at the time, with a megaphone and started yelling "this is the police , put your hands on your head and walk out slowly".  Bobby Bowden walked out , hands on his head.  And then Osborne preceeded to throw eggs on at his face.  He then reportedly (according to Bowden) drove off chugging a bottle of Skol Vodka, and the driver (not confirmed, but had the appearance of Solich) was puffing on a blunt and ran over the Bowden mailbox on the way out.  I read it on "sparks" recruiting at the time it was only for paid members.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Remembering Osborne and Solich brought back tons of memories.  Do any of you remember the time Osborne got wind that a young Ferentz was in Omaha speaking with Ahman Green?? Solich drove his a$$ to Central High in Omaha, caught Ferentz speaking with Ahman and apparently sucker punched him from behind.  One of the janitors from Central (forget his name) said that Frank and Kirk agreed to a dual.  Frank apparently won and Ahman ended up choosing Nebraska.  The janitor said that Frank, 

"he looked him square in the windows of his soul and said "best man for keeps".  I thought someone was gon' done dead.  Both those men had that look u hear.  Then Frank..he just done gone and tackled that man into the desk there. That boy from Iowa man i thought he was done right there but he just start swingin and Frank took one man.  When i say he took one i mean he TOOK one. To this day i do NOT know how he stayed with it man.  Then Frank, he grabbed a chair, and these were solid a$$ chairs they the same chairs you see right here, he grabbed one these chairs and he broke it right over the man face.  Oh man, I aint never seen nothin like that from two old white men,(chuckles), that dude was out. Man i didnt even want to get between them two.  Frank stood up, be PUT HIS FOOT on the man chest, he say, i dont know if you can put this in the paper hear? but he say " Get the F*#$ out my state you cornholin' b@*#&".  That man...s#!t he just wouldn't let flow...he could barely walk hear me? He stumbled up, looked Frank square in the windows of his soul, and he say "this aint over yet Frankie".  Man...i will never ever ever ever EVER forget that s#!t man" 

I would link it but it was on a paid recruiting site that no longer exists.  You just cant get away with that kinda stuff these days.  I miss the old days....

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I googled "peter gammons bo pelini" and all I found was a tweet from Gammons stating Bo was "going off" on the Starling family.  That's a long ways from doing cookies in their yard....though I really like that story.

Just curious what part of southern oregon your in? I spent some time in the Reedsport area, and Roseburg and down by CoosBay and such.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

On 1/31/2020 at 2:36 AM, southernoregonhusker said:

I googled "peter gammons bo pelini" and all I found was a tweet from Gammons stating Bo was "going off" on the Starling family.  That's a long ways from doing cookies in their yard....though I really like that story.

The funny thing is Peter Gammons is a baseball guy.  He was on ESPN MLB coverage for years besides the Boston Globe writing.  Assuming we are talking about the same guy.  

• Plus1 2