Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

2 hours ago, Lightfighter214 said:

That said, his teams generally took on his personality,  playing bipolar and temperamental. 

Good teams that all too often couldn't get out of their own damn way, led by a good man who all too often couldn't get out of his own damn way...

2 hours ago, commando said:

bo hasn't been our problem for a long time now.   why is there a 28 page thread  about him?

Well, it's not like we have a Husker game to talk about this week...

• Plus1 3
2 hours ago, Undone said:

Good thoughts.

We possibly take for granted 23 seasons later how Solich was going to really be hampered by directly following the greatest run in Husker football history under Osbore no matter what. I remember being really disappointed by the 7-7 season in part because it snapped this string of winning seasons that I believe we were about to overtake Notre Dame on with a new record.

And in the subconsciousness of Husker Nation I also wonder now how Frost will probably actually benefit for having come in so far removed from winning actual trophies at a time where if we were to have a 9-3 season it would probably feel amazing. I'll bet someone will swing in and of course say "9-3 isn't amazing at all, wtf are you even talking about?"

But I guess my point is looking at how Solich was probably always going to suffer from directly following Osborne, whether we're conscious about that element or not.

Solich probably would have been much better off taking a head coach job somewhere else and let someone unassociated take over after Osborne, then after high expectations forced that guy out, come in as a savior with lowered expectations. But, who would in their right mind, turn down the keys to a corvette if offered. 

He's got a pretty stable gig at Ohio. This will be his 16th season if the MAC plays (they're supposed to be deciding next week), and he just got an extension in January. Maybe that's where he really belonged all along. Maybe he could have returned to being what we all thought of back then as a 'Nebraska-grade' HC if he'd been kept. Maybe if things had turned out just a little differently, he would've ended up somewhere in between.

2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Solich probably would have been much better off taking a head coach job somewhere else and let someone unassociated take over after Osborne, then after high expectations forced that guy out, come in as a savior with lowered expectations. But, who would in their right mind, turn down the keys to a corvette if offered. 

a guy that doesn't have money for gas and insurance.

2 hours ago, Born N Bled Red said:

He probably also learned from a couple mistakes and didn't do those things at his next gig.