Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

4 hours ago, louisianared said:

As someone living in Louisiana this was a welcome outcome.  

sad thing is the game wasn’t as close as the score.  MSU did everything to hand LSU the game. 

take away turnover and MSU wins 52-17

and that was with Tigers jumping at Costello's back shoulder all day, he got bailed out by the forward motion rule in the 4th.  I don't know if you credit Bo for the pass rush. 

:o  Yikes...

Mississippi State 44

#6 LSU 34 (DEFENDING NATIONAL CHAMPIONS)

(Good for Leach tho, always liked him)

LSU board:

502 yards passing is that right?
    No, 620 passing. Damn!

This is the worst LSU defense I’ve seen in over 20 years

we didn’t field a defense.

623 yards passing. Pathetic.

11th most passing yards in collegiate history. Wow!

It’s clear what the problem is.

Line stopped getting pressure and DBs are not closing gaps. Is this 3/4 4/3 transition blues or just bad coaching/discipline.

I’m just disgusted at what our defense did today. This is a 20+ year regression we just witnessed.

Let's hope for a bounce back next week. The D can't be any worse than it was today. Right?

Pelini got his tail handed to him.

I am more concerned about the defense. 623 yards passing? Holy crap.
Offense was not the problem today

This was 100% on our defense. Period. SIX HUNDRED AND TWENTY YARDS! We’re the laughing stock of the SEC

I see their receivers striding down the field with our DBs in trail formation. If you can’t defend we can at least tackle. . . . well, not that either.

Vandy lickin their chops. Sadly... 

14 minutes ago, admo said:

Mississippi State 44

LSU board:

No, 620 passing. Damn!

Line stopped getting pressure and DBs are not closing gaps. Is this 3/4 4/3 transition blues or just bad coaching/discipline.

I’m just disgusted at what our defense did today. This is a 20+ year regression we just witnessed.

Let's hope for a bounce back next week. The D can't be any worse than it was today. Right?

This was 100% on our defense. Period. SIX HUNDRED AND TWENTY YARDS! We’re the laughing stock of the SEC

I see their receivers striding down the field with our DBs in trail formation. If you can’t defend we can at least tackle. . . . well, not that either.

It was bad but the mention of Vanderbilt makes me think they are underestimating how good Leach is. 

• Plus1 7
1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

It was bad but the mention of Vanderbilt makes me think they are underestimating how good Leach is. 

Oh yeah, totally agree.  They overreacting, and Leach is pretty good at what he do. 

In they're minds, they can't even compete with Vandy or Kansas now lol.  Just crazy.

5 hours ago, admo said:

Mississippi State 44

LSU board:

No, 620 passing. Damn!

If there was a postgame interview with Bo it went something like this. 

“Well you saw it” 

“we didn’t execute” 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

I know it was an awful game but LSU will be a lot better. They lost a load of talent to the NFL + opt outs + Stingley is hospitalized (non-covid). They will get a helluva lot better towards the end of the year. They just didn’t deserve to be rated that high to begin with. 

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Decked said:

I know it was an awful game but LSU will be a lot better. They lost a load of talent to the NFL + opt outs + Stingley is hospitalized (non-covid). They will get a helluva lot better towards the end of the year. They just didn’t deserve to be rated that high to begin with. 

3 LBs, 2 DBs, and a DL to the draft alone. I don’t know about the opt-outs, but read about Stingley. I believe he’ll get it fixed, but I wouldn’t have expected the onslaught in the air.

It’s interesting to go back to the Bo’s QB graveyard thread and the host of praise for shutting down future NFL starters to seeing LSU thread and now this lol

• Fire 1

3 hours ago, Decked said:

IIRC, last night they said that LSU only returned 3 starters total off the team last year. Graduation and the draft took the rest......

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

That first game where Leach brought a Texas Tech team to Lincoln was so sobering. We couldn't stop them the first half. Ended up pulling out a win, but that was a stadium full of scared fans.

Not sure what happened with Bo's defense yesterday, but Leach is the real deal.

IT may have been a perfect storm;  First game,  new defensive starters, new DC, facing the old air raid run by new personnel, but their qb is a grad transfer with starting experience.