Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

42 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

B2qxF_ZCIAETat0.jpg:large

Bo's D's have historically been pretty good against the pass in general.  He's always been lousy preventing the run against good teams and especially big plays.  I was referring to the 620 passing yards by one of the most innovating passing game head coaches in recent history against an inexperienced D in a new system.  

Just now, RedDenver said:

Yeah, it's not like that same team had hung 70 points on us the time before that.

Ahhhhh, yeah. Forgot about that one. So... two bad games.

Only forgetting how to coach defense twice isn't bad. Is it?

As long as there aren't any more I'm forgetting, I think we can chalk those up to bad luck.

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Ahhhhh, yeah. Forgot about that one. So... two bad games.

Only forgetting how to coach defense twice isn't bad. Is it?

As long as there aren't any more I'm forgetting, I think we can chalk those up to bad luck.

You're right. I'm sure UCLA didn't put up 500+ yards on us at home. Just a hypothetical that I'm sure a Bo defense would have never allowed.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Interesting quote from leach saying he couldn’t believe the defense didn’t adjust and go from man to zone. How many times did we hear that while he was here. Too stubborn to adjust 

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Ed-Orgeron-LSU-Tigers-Bo-Pelini-Mississippi-State-loss-defense-coverage-152204760/

Can't even remember how many times I yelled at my TV about Bo not making an adjustment. You need to trust your system, but you also have to stand back and admit when something isn't working right and Bo seemingly couldn't do that.

20 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Can't even remember how many times I yelled at my TV about Bo not making an adjustment. You need to trust your system, but you also have to stand back and admit when something isn't working right and Bo seemingly couldn't do that.

I remember watching the first game they played Rutgers in Lincoln.  They kept lining up in some formation that must have adjusted who had outside contain.  They kept running naked bootlegs and we had nobody there.  After the first time it happened I turned to my father who is a coach and said "we'll see that 5 more times".  we did and there wasn't an adjustment.  same problem with contain plagued them the whole year.

• Plus1 3
19 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I remember watching the first game they played Rutgers in Lincoln.  They kept lining up in some formation that must have adjusted who had outside contain.  They kept running naked bootlegs and we had nobody there.  After the first time it happened I turned to my father who is a coach and said "we'll see that 5 more times".  we did and there wasn't an adjustment.  same problem with contain plagued them the whole year.

That was 2014, the same year Minnesota kept running Leidner off the right edge and there was never anyone home. 

Leidner ran for 452 yards that year. Almost one fourth of his season's total came in Lincoln against Bo's defense.

• Plus1 4