Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

That report sounds bogus just because of the bolded. No way in hell Carl would ever be seriously considered for a head job again unless we are talking high school

Carl might have a better demeanor for the head coach position than Bo.  Carl doesn't go spastic over every penalty and miscue like Bo.  Carl could actually be a good HC at a place like Youngstown State.  Just sayin..

• Fire 2

2 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

Pull up the you tube video of YSU vs ndsu I think in his 2nd or 3rd yr there.  The hometown announcer was on the call begging officers to pull him off the field.  Guess what, they lost, in part because blo couldn’t hold it together, cost his team 15 yds and was disorganized for the remaining minute of time when only a fg was needed.  That meltdown was epic and fun to watch as he wasn’t doing it here anymore, felt embarrassed for YSU though.

I believe this picture is from that game. The girl in the background looks so shocked. It's one of my favorite Bo pictures.

0ZdSFAR.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
3 minutes ago, NUance said:

Carl might have a better demeanor for the head coach position than Bo.  Carl doesn't go spastic over every penalty and miscue like Bo.  Carl could actually be a good HC at a place like Youngstown State.  Just sayin..

Remember, it was Carl who decked the camera guy after the A&M loss in 2009, and Carl had that whole "issue with substances" allegation at FAU. I really don't think either of them have the demeanor for a head coaching gig.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Remember, it was Carl who decked the camera guy after the A&M loss in 2009, and Carl had that whole "issue with substances" allegation at FAU. I really don't think either of them have the demeanor for a head coaching gig.

Oh, I'm not saying Carl is a choirboy.  He's just less of a hot-headed maniac than Bo.  It's a fairly high threshold to get under.  

1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

He’s lazy and unimaginative in the recruiting world so as a dc you better have some stellar recruiters around him.

His best team were with BC's players.   While MR got us in the trash can recruitment wise,  Bo's recruiting could not get us over the hump to compete wt the good teams in our conference.  Wisc ate our lunch.  Bo on D could never stop that flanker sweep - I think Gordon is still racking up yards. 

Hmm I guess I could care less about a coach getting upset on the sideline.  Plenty of major successful coaches do that and if we were winning conference championships with Bo the amount of people upset about him being upset would have shrunk significantly.  Would be a nice pickup for LSU after losing Aranda imo. They dont need him to recruit that well and with good players he has proven he can put together an elite defense especially as more and more teams transition to spread offenses. 

• Plus1 3
46 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

His best team were with BC's players.   While MR got us in the trash can recruitment wise,  Bo's recruiting could not get us over the hump to compete wt the good teams in our conference.  Wisc ate our lunch.  Bo on D could never stop that flanker sweep - I think Gordon is still racking up yards. 

I agree to a point but bos recruiting was average to awful, specifically roster mgmt.  when MR arrived on campus we had 1 scholarship lb on the roster and they had to convince band eras not to transfer to make it 2.  Adjusted for attrition and kids never making it to campus his teams likely finished where the recruiting ranking was 30-40.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Was the camera guy thing ever actually substantiated? I don't remember.

His hard drug use was well known, as was his fraternization with coeds, but neither of those are that uncommon in college coaches.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Hmm I guess I could care less about a coach getting upset on the sideline.  Plenty of major successful coaches do that and if we were winning conference championships with Bo the amount of people upset about him being upset would have shrunk significantly.  Would be a nice pickup for LSU after losing Aranda imo. They dont need him to recruit that well and with good players he has proven he can put together an elite defense especially as more and more teams transition to spread offenses. 

His defensive prowess at Nebraska with HIS players says different.  His teams were responsible for the majority of the worse defensive performances in husker history, and that was in a watered down big 10.

6 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Its almost as if I addressed this point in my post. 

To each their own, I don’t know why any team would want an cancerous, ego driven, narcissistic, maniac that refuses to recruit....to the point he’s a liability.  There are dcs that are just as good that don’t come with that kind of baggage.  Bo is coaching at a level he’s suited for now and he’s barely holding onto that.  

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Was the camera guy thing ever actually substantiated? I don't remember.

His hard drug use was well known, as was his fraternization with coeds, but neither of those are that uncommon in college coaches.

Carl's an interesting character. They could make a 30/30 on him alone.

Carl pushes a cameraman, breaking his camera, after the Husker Loss to A&M - And apologizes for it later - And there's video

And then there's the whole "booster's daughter" saga:

Carl married that booster's daughter.

She is a former Miss Nebraska (2008). Andrea Stine, from Elkhorn.

They applied for their marriage license in Saunders Co in 2014.

Here's the two of them together.

Then Carl goes to FAU for an uninspiring year and a half:

An assistant coach said he saw Carl using drugs.

Carl resigns.

The FAU President says Carl didn't lose his job because of drugs (even though there's a sworn affidavit alleging he did).

Carl then files a lawsuit about the allegation a couple years later

After all that, Bo hires Carl at Youngstown State, where apparently he's been a (mostly) good boy.

• Plus1 2