Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

59 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Public perception is harder to defend when everyone sees it...Ribbing from co-workers about what my old school will put up with... is just a nuisance...May be a very slight factor in a job interview if my simple desire of living vicariously through my favourite team makes the HR guy wonder if I would ever condone violence...(Was sometimes in the back of my mind while defending Phillips or Christian Peter).

Yeah...I was hoping for some sort of link since I've been away in AZ half of my life...But it's pretty easy to believe after seeing him on national TV.

I tried to focus on the ''Entertainment value'' in Bo's tirades, and maybe even loved him for NOT being Callahan. but I also had great concern at his inability to move on to the next play...or even the rest of the game or... season... if he got pissed.

I AM surprised he's going to LSU...It will be interesting to see how his hatred of recruiting meshes with Orgeron's love for it, but I still wonder if Bo is near as good a DC without Carl...Having him at DONU instead of Chinander might have helped Scott Frost evolve faster into a complete coach and putting some sort of value in stopping the other team rather than just trying to outscore them, (Something I also felt about Callahan at times)..Hopefully that won't be necessary..  

I mean if thats true SOMEBODY please confirm it.  I don't wanna jump to conclusions based on someones story posted on a message board.  I have never heard that one before and I am curious if it is true.  If not.....well kudos for creativity as that was hilarious.  I mean i had a couple moments like that at about the age of 18-21. But would make the legend of Feaux Pelini even greater.

2 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

I mean if thats true SOMEBODY please confirm it.  I don't wanna jump to conclusions based on someones story posted on a message board.  I have never heard that one before and I am curious if it is true.  If not.....well kudos for creativity as that was hilarious.  I mean i had a couple moments like that at about the age of 18-21. But would make the legend of Feaux Pelini even greater.

I found some hilarious tweets after googling ''Bubba Starling Bo Pelini''...The bolded part was in reference to your use of ''seeing him on national tv'' in which I thought you were referring to the gif above your post showing Bo trying to air out his hat on the ref.

13 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

I found some hilarious tweets after googling ''Bubba Starling Bo Pelini''...The bolded part was in reference to your use of ''seeing him on national tv'' in which I thought you were referring to the gif above your post showing Bo trying to air out his hat on the ref.

This is making me question the OP's story.  Does not sound credible.  Although i wish it were true.  Sports are entertainment, and to me Bo was entertaining.  I enjoy a man or woman who isn't so proper or politically correct in this day n age of what i consider fakeism.  Therefore i enjoy Bo, Les Miles, Leach, and such...and am not such a Saban fan.....maybe im just a degenerate.  But the way i see it, ill take Real..with flaws....over a fake persona anyday.  Again i could just be a degenerate.

10 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

This is making me question the OP's story.  Does not sound credible.  Although i wish it were true.  Sports are entertainment, and to me Bo was entertaining.  I enjoy a man or woman who isn't so proper or politically correct in this day n age of what i consider fakeism.  Therefore i enjoy Bo, Les Miles, Leach, and such...and am not such a Saban fan.....maybe im just a degenerate.  But the way i see it, ill take Real..with flaws....over a fake persona anyday.  Again i could just be a degenerate.

Yeah...Me too.

I grew up in small town Nebraska around a bunch of Swedes...Didn't ever experience any sort of racism until the time I moved to Austin, Texas in the early '80's for their really cheap tuition ($4/credit hour)..

I guess that lack of experience put me at a disadvantage when I joined HB...I was forced to take vacations twice by the PC police around here because of things I never would have EVER considered to be racist...Really hurt my feelings more than it should and wondered what my parents would have said to me....One of the things they tried to stress to me and my siblings..Part of what made me so proud of them and where I grew up.

37 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Yeah...Me too.

I grew up in small town Nebraska around a bunch of Swedes...Didn't ever experience any sort of racism until the time I moved to Austin, Texas in the early '80's for their really cheap tuition ($4/credit hour)..

I guess that lack of experience put me at a disadvantage when I joined HB...I was forced to take vacations twice by the PC police around here because of things I never would have EVER considered to be racist...Really hurt my feelings more than it should and wondered what my parents would have said to me....One of the things they tried to stress to me and my siblings..Part of what made me so proud of them and where I grew up.

Unfortunately their is real racism.  But the way people use the race card against anyone who disagrees with them, undermines the real racism out there.  It is honestly a slap in the face to the ACTUAL true mis-justices that go on.  Unfortunately, judging by HB, this fakeism for lack of a better term, has even made its way into Nebraska.  What it comes down to, as my favorite college teacher once explained it greater depth than i ever could on here.....is people don't think for themself.  They are Sheep...im sorry if that offends some, but the majority of Americans have become sheep.  Better than wolves i guess...but still sheep.

Anyone who has experienced real racism understands this.  The exploitation of using the racism excuse, in circumstances that are unwarranted, actually hurts the spreading of awareness of actual racism.

• Thanks 1

Some of my favourite people raise High Content Wolves...In fact, the last time I appeared in a photo, I was holding a wolf cub at a local Bass Pro Shop trying to help acclimate them to people.

The last time I got into HB trouble, it was in a ''fun'' ?  look alike thread..

I've never been good at recognizing or even noticing a person's race just by looking at them, but there was this lineman from an opposing team with chubby cheeks that I thought looked like my childhood favourite glass lady containing pancake syrup...Took me a week to be able to log in and find out that the lady was ''controversial'' in the South..er sumpthin'...I ended up never eating pancakes again. 

Spoiler

After some discussion, you're being issued a warning and temporary suspension for a look-a-like post you made comparing a Michigan player to a bottle of Aunt Jemima syrup. Although I can't say if it was your complete intent to make a racist joke, Aunt Jemima has a documented history of racism associated with it that you may or may not be aware of. This type of post is unacceptable.

Speaking of...I still think the people that were up in arms about Roseanne comparing some politician (that I thought looked like her own younger sister if she has one) to a monkey..are the real racists...Because they assume only one race resembles those critters more than others...Like Abe Lincoln and my older brother never existed. 

4 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Some of my favourite people raise High Content Wolves...In fact, the last time I appeared in a photo, I was holding a wolf cub at a local Bass Pro Shop trying to help acclimate them to people.

I didnt mean it against wolves in particular.  Its just a saying.  Sheep follow the crowd, wolves are predators...a "sheep" as a human is better than a "wolve"....but i dont mean it literally.  Wolves are amazing creatures.  Just in my context it was supposed to represent a predator, or an evildoer.

4 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Bo, and the circus crew hopped in the car road tripping to kc.  Upon arriving at a Hs kids house started doing cookies in the yard throwing beer bottles out the window and at the house.  Bubbas dad had to threaten to call the cops before they drove away.  Peter gammons did some really great reporting on the incident.

link plz

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

I didnt mean it against wolves in particular.  Its just a saying.  Sheep follow the crowd, wolves are predators...a "sheep" as a human is better than a "wolve"....but i dont mean it literally.  Wolves are amazing creatures.  Just in my context it was supposed to represent a predator, or an evildoer.

My apologies to the board for going this far off topic...I've spent most of my life raising Siberian Huskies, and the more time I spend with actual Wolf Dogs, and witnessing their extreme intelligence..and sweetness. The more the misleading bad stereotypes stick out to me.. 

13 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

Again you have your opinion I have mine.  Curious why you didn’t reference the defense, while HC at this pwr five gig, that he took full control of, was largely a disaster.  We take that into account or nah?  Also, strange you didn’t include how he was about ready to get run out of his fcs position as HC, a position he took because he had nowhere else to go, nah.  

most curious is referring to his ego, attitude, and general being a s#!t human as “media relations”.  

again the best part of this is we get to see it play out.  I’m grabbing popcorn.

Any HuskerBoard vet knows that I'm not a Bo fan. Thought he was both a prick and a substandard coach. I frequently pointed out that his Youngstown State tenure suggested Nebraska didn't make a mistake at all. 

Point was simply that if you could look at Bo Pelini's resume under a different name  --- say Josh McVictory -- you could easily conclude that he would be a big name upgrade over Chinander, and a feather in Scott Frost's cap. Much as we ignored a couple glitches in Bob Diaco's coaching history and blamed Bo's defense on his own DCs.

Meaning we would likely come to the same conclusion as Ed Orgeron, a highly successful head coach with a lot more on the line than you or I;  maybe this Josh McVictory guy wasn't cut out to be a head coach, so let's get him back to what he did best for LSU. 

• Fire 1
17 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Any HuskerBoard vet knows that I'm not a Bo fan. Thought he was both a prick and a substandard coach. I frequently pointed out that his Youngstown State tenure suggested Nebraska didn't make a mistake at all. 

Point was simply that if you could look at Bo Pelini's resume under a different name  --- say Josh McVictory -- you could easily conclude that he would be a big name upgrade over Chinander, and a feather in Scott Frost's cap. Much as we ignored a couple glitches in Bob Diaco's coaching history and blamed Bo's defense on his own DCs.

Meaning we would likely come to the same conclusion as Ed Orgeron, a highly successful head coach with a lot more on the line than you or I;  maybe this Josh McVictory guy wasn't cut out to be a head coach, so let's get him back to what he did best for LSU. 

I want to change my Huskerboard name to "Josh McVictory" . 

My god is that a sweet name!

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

LSU is just the right fit for Bo.  Most of their fans seem super excited to have Bo back.  And they are aware of his time at Nebraska.  Not many places would like Bo as much as LSU does.