Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

That was 2014, the same year Minnesota kept running Leidner off the right edge and there was never anyone home. 

Leidner ran for 452 yards that year. Almost one fourth of his season's total came in Lincoln against Bo's defense.

This is what I never understood.  Even as a player you should be picking up on this stuff and go off script at the least.  Check out out of the call or something.  If the coach isn't going to do it I would have taken the beating in the film room rather than on the field.   

7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Leach had the same amount of contact with all new schemes on BOTH sides of the ball.

It's too wild this year to say who had the advantage.  You'd think LSU would have since Pellini had coached against the air-raid before.  But maybe they did not have a scout team qb who could really run it, while senior transfer Costello picked it up quickly. 

Other than that, maybe BP's idea was LSU has the best defensive athletes, we can't concede playing man to man.

5 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Interesting quote from leach saying he couldn’t believe the defense didn’t adjust and go from man to zone. How many times did we hear that while he was here. Too stubborn to adjust 

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Ed-Orgeron-LSU-Tigers-Bo-Pelini-Mississippi-State-loss-defense-coverage-152204760/

I remember in-game announcers saying the same thing about Nebraska's refusal to make defensive adjustments. They seemed genuinely mystified and were trying to be diplomatic. Former Huskers  tweeted the same thing. Opposing players, too. One quarterback said it was like playing a high school team, the offense felt like it could do whatever it wanted. 

But for some reason we kept focusing our wrath on Tim Beck. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I remember in-game announcers saying the same thing about Nebraska's refusal to make defensive adjustments. They seemed genuinely mystified and were trying to be diplomatic. Former Huskers  tweeted the same thing. Opposing players, too. One quarterback said it was like playing a high school team, the offense felt like it could do whatever it wanted. 

I think the high school defense quote was from brad kaaya when they played the Mark Banker soft quarters defense and played pitch and catch all night. 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, swmohusker said:

I think the high school defense quote was from brad kaaya when they played the Mark Banker soft quarters defense and played pitch and catch all night. 

Kaaya picked on the same CB until he got pulled. That CB was also good for at least 75 yards in 408s performance when he not only didn’t call out crack blocks, he also followed them

On 9/30/2020 at 3:34 PM, Guy Chamberlin said:

To be fair that wrath was deserved also. But yes Pelini didn't change with the times on defense either. Pelini's tenure can be neatly summed up as missed opportunities and an unwillingness to change with a rapidly evolving game at the highest level. And it showed on the field.

• Plus1 1
On 9/30/2020 at 5:53 PM, swmohusker said:

Perhaps there were several instances, but I remember the ‘high school stuff’ comment coming from Missouri quarterback Chase Daniel referring to Kevin Cosgrove’s 2007 defense.