Bo to LSU?

TGHusker

2 hours ago, lo country said:

Bo's D had success with NFL talent at every level of the D.  Unsure if the talent is at LSU this year.  Or developed....

Every coach with NFL talent at every position usually has success. That's no indicator of how good a coach may be. However, it is saying something about a guy that walks into a perennially loaded LSU program, coming off a NC year no less, and his defense breaks ancient records of points and yardage allowed. That is a bit more of a problem than just graduated talent.

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Every coach with NFL talent at every position usually has success. That's no indicator of how good a coach may be. However, it is saying something about a guy that walks into a perennially loaded LSU program, coming off a NC year no less, and his defense breaks ancient records of points and yardage allowed. That is a bit more of a problem than just graduated talent.

How many defenses are doing well without NFL talent? 

4 hours ago, OmahaPlaya said:

I also wouldn't be surprised if Tim Beck wears out his welcome at NC State.

NC State is 3-1, with a win over a ranked team, and they're averaging 34 points per game (all in conference ofc). :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

My point being Bo did a great job here with talent.  IMHO Carl was the stick that stirred the drink though.  As our talent dried up, we couldn't develop what we had.  

Giving up the most points in a 3 game start in program history, having your boss say the loss was embarrassing after giving up 45 points and 586 yards.....

I really thought Bo would do a lot better there with the stocked cupboard LSU has/had.

4 hours ago, dinglederry said:

good thing he is there developing all that talent!

Haha.  Bo had some issues developing the talent....

17 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Lsu switched from the 34 to the 43.  They've barely had any time to practice a new SCHEME.  They lost 6 great defensive players to the draft last year.  Think of it this way, their defense from one year has had more players drafted in the NFL than Nebraska has had in the past four years 

They also recruit wayyyy better than we do too 

• Plus1 4

12 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I hope Frost gets us where we want to go.....which seems to be on track.

But celebrating Pelini's failures with the successes he's had.....including at Nebraska.....is nothing short of immature 

I don’t think too many here on HB are celebrating it, but more like poking a little fun at it.   No harm with that.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
45 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Lsu switched from the 34 to the 43.  They've barely had any time to practice a new SCHEME.  

I'm over simplifying this, but it's not that dramatic a switch for LSU from Aranda's 3-4 1-gap scheme to a traditional 4-3 1-gap.  (Hopefully this doesn't jumble).

o o o + o o

B  E T   N    B

I      I

o o o + o o

E    T    N   E

S     M     W

Essentially, all you're doing is switching the strong side OLB in the 4-3 scheme for a DE at the LOS and changing labels.   For example, I recall when the Bucs switched from 4-3 to 3-4, the big question was how would Lavonte David adapt from being a weak side OLB to an ILB.  As you can see however, he's playing the exact same position in Bowles scheme, which is very similiar to Aranda's.  

I will add, there's a video series on Youtube of Bo installing the D at NU & while I won't for a second pretend he's not a knowledgeable coach who's forgotten more than I know, he puts a lot of players in conflict on every snap of the ball, & that is what most coaches attempt to minimize.