OLB Michael Skinner III

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

1 member has voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

5-11 OLB? That's gonna be a pass for me.

I almost listed him as in ILB because that size definitely doesn't fit the profile of the OLBs we look for.  But he's listed as an OLB by Rivals so that's what I put for now.  That's even a bit short for an ILB.

32 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

5-11 OLB? That's gonna be a pass for me.

@Ziebol ... amidst your view and statement ... just curious how quickly and easily you have dismissed a player that the staff obviously offerred?  I'm not criticizing you ... I just don't understand how you have such detailed insight into the offer that would merit the "pass" so quickly?  Any more insight for us?

As always ... I'm just a fan.  I start to garner a viewpoint on various players at times after I follow them a while ... but this guy? ... I have no clue at this point.  Maybe they may be looking at him for another position as well.  Who knows?

Pass

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

@Ziebol ... amidst your view and statement ... just curious how quickly and easily you have dismissed a player that the staff obviously offerred?  I'm not criticizing you ... I just don't understand how you have such detailed insight into the offer that would merit the "pass" so quickly?  Any more insight for us?

As always ... I'm just a fan.  I start to garner a viewpoint on various players at times after I follow them a while ... but this guy? ... I have no clue at this point.  Maybe they may be looking at him for another position as well.  Who knows?

Pass

Because a 5-11 OLB will not succeed in a 3-4 in the current state of the Big 10. His size is not ideal for ILB as Mav said as well. So he is not a prospect I have interest in. 

21 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

Because a 5-11 OLB will not succeed in a 3-4 in the current state of the Big 10. His size is not ideal for ILB as Mav said as well. So he is not a prospect I have interest in. 

Not to be too quickly to be judgmental but this strikes me as a guy we have some interest in but more of just a monitor as opposed to someone we're really going to be recruiting hard.  Someone who has some possibilities and we want to keep tabs on so we offer to open the lines of communication and get some interest from.  If he blossoms, we have a foot in the door.  If not, he fades away.

5 hours ago, Mavric said:

Not to be too quickly to be judgmental but this strikes me as a guy we have some interest in but more of just a monitor as opposed to someone we're really going to be recruiting hard.  Someone who has some possibilities and we want to keep tabs on so we offer to open the lines of communication and get some interest from.  If he blossoms, we have a foot in the door.  If not, he fades away.

This was a bit more of what I was thinking ... it makes more sense ... at least this early on.  Personally, I don't think the Huskers are in any position to just "pass so quickly" and be that judgmental.  I'm sure the coaches have a better grasp than anyone here.