Evaluating where Iowa is

knapplc

45 minutes ago, .1. said:

Frost has had 2 "non-bowl" off-seasons now to carefully recruit some damn talent on this team. I understand most of his first class was a bust due to lack of careful evaluation as he was busy coaching UCF to a fully perfect season and the early sign date worked against him at the worst time possible, but if we suck more than Purdue, Maryland, or any of those kinds of teams then Frost has GOT to go. We really should even be better than Iowa since not only are we perennially recruiting waaaay above them but now it should be Frost's "careful" gotdamn eye that can fully SEE which players are for real actually talented, have good morals, good grades, etc since again he's had 2 damn non-bowl game making off season (so pleeeenty of time to carefully "evaluate") to put some talented as players on this damn team. So we should be whooping Iowa and plenty of others teams this upcoming season as well. 

And i believe his last 2 classes are very good.  Like i said however, they will be Freshman and Sophmores.  I agree that we should still make a bowl, but it sounds like your saying we have better players than Iowa? Freshman and Redshirt Freshman/True Sophmores are typically quite a bit worse than they will be when they are Seniors.  I would put my money on a 30th rated class of Seniors over a 19th rated class of Freshman or Sophmores....easily.

2 minutes ago, BigPeterJ said:

And i believe his last 2 classes are very good.  Like i said however, they will be Freshman and Sophmores.  I agree that we should still make a bowl, but it sounds like your saying we have better players than Iowa? Freshman and Redshirt Freshman/True Sophmores are typically quite a bit worse than they will be when they are Seniors.  I would put my money on a 30th rated class of Seniors over a 19th rated class of Freshman or Sophmores....easily.

Look. You could in all likelihood be right. I'm not mad at your proposal. But the thing about it is that Frost apparently is soooooooo damn good at evaluating talent that HIS "freshmen and sophomores" at UCF went mothaf#&%in undefeated capped off with a victory over Auburn (team that destroyed Alabama and Georgia that year). So s#!t. Apparently Frost has got the "magic touch" when it comes to these recruits. But to be fair, no I won't be mad at him thaaat much if he doesn't beat Iowa … at Kinnick Stadium at that. But I'll be mad like holy hell to Kingdum Kum if we don't make not even a damn bowl game in year 3 of his tenure. Then it's like "What the f#&%!?!?" That's all I expect though really - Just a damn bowl game. And I'm mad that I even have to expect JUST only that but I'm reasonable. However, if this coach is any of the kind of "special" that we think he is, that the "nation" thinks he is, that he was when he won all those "coach of the year awards", that he was when he created the first and only "winless to perfect" 2 year turnaround in CFB history, that he was when he won all those championships at Oregon and took them to the national champions beyond their first playoff game, then when the f#&% are we going to see some "special" s#!t come out of this guy? Like you got to figure when will it happen?

Frost is a good coach and I believe he has what it takes. But if this "1 extra damn win of progress" s#!t keeps up, then I don't know if I'll be sane or even alive when the s#!t actually does come to fruition. It better NOT take 9 damn years to beat Iowa. I mean I'm just saying that it will based off the kind of progress we've been making lately, but it holy hell BETTER not. I expect (yes EXPECT) Iowa to be taken cared of within at least the next 2 years or so. Maybe this year. But if not then defo next year for sure. They are NOT invincible like some people are trying to make them seem as Bo Pelini literally took care of them 90% of the time he was here with no problem. 

17 hours ago, .1. said:

Frost has had 2 "non-bowl" off-seasons now to carefully recruit some damn talent on this team. I understand most of his first class was a bust due to lack of careful evaluation as he was busy coaching UCF to a fully perfect season and the early sign date worked against him at the worst time possible, but if we suck more than Purdue, Maryland, or any of those kinds of teams then Frost has GOT to go. We really should even be better than Iowa since not only are we perennially recruiting waaaay above them but now it should be Frost's "careful" gotdamn eye that can fully SEE which players are for real actually talented, have good morals, good grades, etc since again he's had 2 damn non-bowl game making off season (so pleeeenty of time to carefully "evaluate") to put some talented as players on this damn team. So we should be whooping Iowa and plenty of others teams this upcoming season as well. 

16 hours ago, .1. said:

Look. You could in all likelihood be right. I'm not mad at your proposal. But the thing about it is that Frost apparently is soooooooo damn good at evaluating talent that HIS "freshmen and sophomores" at UCF went mothaf#&%in undefeated capped off with a victory over Auburn (team that destroyed Alabama and Georgia that year). So s#!t. Apparently Frost has got the "magic touch" when it comes to these recruits. But to be fair, no I won't be mad at him thaaat much if he doesn't beat Iowa … at Kinnick Stadium at that. But I'll be mad like holy hell to Kingdum Kum if we don't make not even a damn bowl game in year 3 of his tenure. Then it's like "What the f#&%!?!?" That's all I expect though really - Just a damn bowl game. And I'm mad that I even have to expect JUST only that but I'm reasonable. However, if this coach is any of the kind of "special" that we think he is, that the "nation" thinks he is, that he was when he won all those "coach of the year awards", that he was when he created the first and only "winless to perfect" 2 year turnaround in CFB history, that he was when he won all those championships at Oregon and took them to the national champions beyond their first playoff game, then when the f#&% are we going to see some "special" s#!t come out of this guy? Like you got to figure when will it happen?

Frost is a good coach and I believe he has what it takes. But if this "1 extra damn win of progress" s#!t keeps up, then I don't know if I'll be sane or even alive when the s#!t actually does come to fruition. It better NOT take 9 damn years to beat Iowa. I mean I'm just saying that it will based off the kind of progress we've been making lately, but it holy hell BETTER not. I expect (yes EXPECT) Iowa to be taken cared of within at least the next 2 years or so. Maybe this year. But if not then defo next year for sure. They are NOT invincible like some people are trying to make them seem as Bo Pelini literally took care of them 90% of the time he was here with no problem. 

Damn.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3