Duval's S&C - Year 3

Mavric

17 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Super brief glimpse of AM there, but he's looking a bit slimmed down to me. Saw a picture earlier the other day and thought the same thing. Wonder if he's dropped a bit of weight or just adjusting to where he's at now. 

He probably bulked up last year from stress-eating during all those pregnancy rumors.... 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, Undone said:

Nice! Thank you, sir.

Interesting that their version of the competition at the high school level is bench and clean-and-jerk. Normally it's bench, squat, deadlift.

I’d assume it’s something along the lines that the deadlift has less carryover to sports than say a powerclean. Since it is involving high school athletes. 

22 minutes ago, Decked said:

I’d assume it’s something along the lines that the deadlift has less carryover to sports than say a powerclean. Since it is involving high school athletes. 

Agreed.

Honestly those Olympic lifts are way more fun to do and to watch someone do anyway.

• Plus1 1

15 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Super brief glimpse of AM there, but he's looking a bit slimmed down to me. Saw a picture earlier the other day and thought the same thing. Wonder if he's dropped a bit of weight or just adjusting to where he's at now. 

I didn’t think this but I hope you’re right. 

On 2/7/2020 at 10:15 AM, WyoHusker56 said:

Nice pump up video for sure.  AM did look a little slimmer.  Could also be from not really lifting for a few months with the surgeries (IIRC knee and shoulder?)

• Plus1 1
On 2/3/2020 at 8:11 PM, HUSKER 37 said:

Anything?  My experience seems to be a little different than that usually.

I was even smaller than these two as a teenager and LOVED to hit...But I still hurt sometimes from when Jay Novacek ran over me as an oversized QB at Gothenburg on his way to becoming an NFL TE. I think he was even 6'4 235 at the time.

Edit:  Carriker mentioned Marvin Scott tonight...Played varsity as an 8th grader, Dead lifts 295, Benches 405#  Maybe that tweet video didn't do him justice...

That can't be right.