Duval's S&C - Year 3

Mavric

37 minutes ago, bugeater17 said:

My thoughts exactly! Also, one of the best football movies out there.

I used to have a picture of an extra in this movie that cracked me up.  Its a sideline shot of James Cahn and there is a "player" standing next to him who has a mustache and looks like he is 50 years old.  Also doesn't know how to wear a helmet.  You can always tell the difference between the guys they hire to do football stuff and the extras they hire off the street.... found it

IMG_6309.jpg

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

Pretty weird that this is my ad in the footer bar while I look at this thread:

image.png.c5ee34b7d6d4751be4b1ed333c158032.png

I'm just going to ignore that...

Yeah I agree with you, @Decked. It all looks like really good progress by Duvall and the players. It's also probably a good reminder of how this really was a ground-up rebuild for Frost all across the board; you don't just get onto the level of strength & conditioning that, say, Iowa & Wisconsin have in even just two seasons.

You have to take young guys with the right builds/genetic potentials and get them strong, starting from their freshman season. And there isn't just one formula, but there are things you have to do to get it right.

I love seeing those power shrugs and also seeing Luke M's progress. Luke's progress is also a good reminder that you don't actually gain an ounce of muscle in the gym - muscle is made in the kitchen/training table. That boy's been following his meal plans, for sure.

21 minutes ago, Undone said:

Pretty weird that this is my ad in the footer bar while I look at this thread:

image.png.c5ee34b7d6d4751be4b1ed333c158032.png

I'm just going to ignore that...

Yeah I agree with you, @Decked. It all looks like really good progress by Duvall and the players. It's also probably a good reminder of how this really was a ground-up rebuild for Frost all across the board; you don't just get onto the level of strength & conditioning that, say, Iowa & Wisconsin have in even just two seasons.

You have to take young guys with the right builds/genetic potentials and get them strong, starting from their freshman season. And there isn't just one formula, but there are things you have to do to get it right.

I love seeing those power shrugs and also seeing Luke M's progress. Luke's progress is also a good reminder that you don't actually gain an ounce of muscle in the gym - muscle is made in the kitchen/training table. That boy's been following his meal plans, for sure.

Duval breaks em down, Ellis fills them up, and then they recover during snoozetown after those brutal workouts!

*Edited*

7 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I am hoping next summer will be chock-full of deadlifts.  

Rather see them power clean than deadlift. I’m sure they are doing a lot of hip hinge movements to build up those hamstrings so those quads don’t have a massive imbalance. 

3 hours ago, Decked said:

Rather see them power clean than deadlift. I’m sure they are doing a lot of hip hinge movements to build up those hamstrings so those quads don’t have a massive imbalance. 

I like power cleans for the short burst movements but to build overall strength, do power snatch :) or deads.  

I think you and I are on the same page though.  Cheers

• Fire 1
12 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I like power cleans for the short burst movements but to build overall strength, do power snatch :) or deads.  

I think you and I are on the same page though.  Cheers

Agreed on the power snatch. 
:woo

• Fire 1
1 hour ago, runningblind said:

Maybe it's just COVID-19, but it finally happened.  I'm finally tired of hype videos until I see some actual improvement on the field.

I 100% get where you're coming from. 

It's been two decades. Pump up videos are great, keep 'em coming. But show me something on the field.

• Plus1 1