Duval's S&C - Year 3

Mavric

22 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

No, it's not.

Its reckless and dumb (the weight training).  Since we don't know when the video was taken, we can suppose that a mask is needed.

Yup.  the exact opposite of weight training under safe protocol.  I hope this is not at NU direction. lol. The lawyers are just waiting to file suit for big bucks!   

Tuioti claims that M. Newsome up to 285, Ty up to 325-330, Jordan Riley 330-335. I find the last two hard to believe. Maybe 10-15 lbs less I would guess for both. Seems like high school rosters where everyone gets about 2 inches & 20lbs more than they really are :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Decked said:

Tuioti claims that M. Newsome up to 285, Ty up to 325-330, Jordan Riley 330-335. I find the last two hard to believe. Maybe 10-15 lbs less I would guess for both. Seems like high school rosters where everyone gets about 2 inches & 20lbs more than they really are :lol:

Yeah, years ago you might see a kid come on at 250 and jump up to 280 pretty quickly because HS lifting and diet was not like it is today.  These guys that are big time recruits are lifting in HS, usually at good program, lifting at a specialized gym on their own and eating what is usually a really good diet.  So their body is usually pretty familiar with a lot of the stuff and they don't get the crazy rapid growth.

The old "Yeah, and he has never lifted a weight or had a protein shake" line is long gone.

33 minutes ago, Decked said:

Ty at 325 is a yes but Riley is down to 300-305.  Ty is a BIG dude.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Stumpy1 said:

Ty at 325 is a yes but Riley is down to 300-305.  Ty is a BIG dude.  

And I hope he sticks at DE, meaning we are good enough at NT without him. I'd love to see 315-330 and 6'6+ all across the line. Let them take care of the O line by themselves. Then continue to get Lavonte David type speed at LB and here we go.

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, runningblind said:

And I hope he sticks at DE, meaning we are good enough at NT without him. I'd love to see 315-330 and 6'6+ all across the line. Let them take care of the O line by themselves. Then continue to get Lavonte David type speed at LB and here we go.

Man, I love David.

I don't even think it is that he is "fast" though, some players just know how to read a play.  Zach Thomas, Mike Singletary...they just get it.

42 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Man, I love David.

I don't even think it is that he is "fast" though, some players just know how to read a play.  Zach Thomas, Mike Singletary...they just get it.

Speed can mean footspeed or processing speed, you're right.  Both can enable you to make a play faster and be a great LB.

3 hours ago, runningblind said:

I'd love to see 315-330 and 6'6+ all across the line. Let them take care of the O line by themselves.

Just don't expect them to make a whole lot of plays in a 3 vs 5 situation. Their main job is just to chew up as many blockers as they can.