Duval's S&C - Year 3

Mavric

11 hours ago, grandpasknee said:

I'm pretty simple.  The last few years I've seen teams like LSU, Clemson, Alabama and tOSU put players on the field that look like grown men.  We've put guys on the field that look like big kids in pretty decent shape.  Just looking at pictures and videos, it looks like we've got a few more of the 'grown men' players showing up on the team.  Hope that means something.

I’m with you.  Sick and tired of seeing college kids on the roster. 

• Haha 2

On 1/31/2020 at 1:06 PM, Red Five said:

After the last however many years of Nebraska football, I refuse to buy in to S&C hype.  Every year its the same story of the players being bigger, stronger, faster.  And then add in the current staff trashing the last staff's S&C while getting similar (or worse) results on the field.

Can someone make a Bart Simpson writing on the chalkboard meme saying "I will not buy in to S&C hype"?

"As a team we gained 900lbs!"

*translates to 4 wins*

I have seen an improvement already in our S&C results with how our guys look, and what we look like at the line of scrimmage.  First year of Frost we were still getting pushed around pretty bad by Iowa and Wisconsin.  Last year we were much improved (except for tOSU game).  The results should start to really show this year.  The problem with the seeing the improvement in some of the upperclassmen is some do not have the frames to put that kind of weight on.  Boe Wilson, Hixson, and guys like the Davis twins have shorter frames.  The rest of the guys we are wanting to see blossom are underclassmen, and they will take time.  Especially guys in the trenches.  Patience...  I trust that guys like Benhart and Robinson will have a different look to them this year.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Scott - 5'9" 203 lbs. on 247.

Robinson - 5'9" 175 on 247 as a recruit

5'10" 190 lbs on the roster.

Close to what I saw...and currently to each other  (Same position?).

Back in my day...used to be the size of guys, where you'd wrap your arms around both and then throw out the one without the ball... :D

Actually, my biggest fear in tackling either one of them, would be twisting an ankle while they run circles around me.