Duval's S&C - Year 3

Mavric

50 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

Mark Ingram was just fine at 5'10 and 210lbs. 

Barry Sanders was 5'8 200#

I'm not saying he can't be our next Anthony (Slick) Steels and sing the National Anthem for one of our games,  I just found it funny that a couple of posters mentioned something about his being a grown man or that they'd fear hitting him.

This dude isn't even on campus yet. I think we're getting "grown men" now. 

I would probably just refuse to tackle that dude. He's going to be a wrecking ball.

I feared for Wan'Dale's health when he ran between the Tackles, but understood we were trying to get emergency help for the RB position..

Marvin Scott is probably going to be a great ''get''..But at that size, I'm surprised he's not considered more of a WB/SE like Wan'Dale.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:45 PM, bugeater17 said:

Anyone who is scared about this kid running between the tackles hasn’t watched his film or seen a pic of him without his shirt on. 

Actually I watched a highlight video of Wan'Dale moments before I posted..He managed to avoid most direct hits, but still seemed to be slightly injury prone towards season end.

I seem to have forgotten the password to the Random Hotness thread, though.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:43 PM, WyoHusker56 said:

Height/weight don't necessarily have anything to do with how hard a guy hits. Small safeties frequently hit harder than LBs. The dude is strong and powerful and likely knows how to drive through a hit. 

Anything?  My experience seems to be a little different than that usually.

I was even smaller than these two as a teenager and LOVED to hit...But I still hurt sometimes from when Jay Novacek ran over me as an oversized QB at Gothenburg on his way to becoming an NFL TE. I think he was even 6'4 235 at the time.

Edit:  Carriker mentioned Marvin Scott tonight...Played varsity as an 8th grader, Dead lifts Clean/Jerks 295, Benches 405#  Maybe that tweet video didn't do him justice...