A Snyder at Nebraska

Warrior

24 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, that's my question, who's going to jerk the slack out of our lackluster special teams? Frost needs to put some emphasis on that area.

I agree. We have dedicated OLB, ILB, TE and QB coaches. The O coord doubles up, D coord doesn't.  I feel like there's overkill at some spots and we really could have used Snyder as ST coordinator.  Guess we shall see if ST still stinks next year. It's pretty important in B1G football as far as I've seen in the last decade.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think he told Frost he would come to Nebraska unless he gets a good assistant offer.

that’s why nothing had been announced.

we will get fine.  

I think you mean "we will be fine". Explain that to me, because we've been terrible on special teams.  What makes you think it will magically be better?

Side note:  that blank space in my quote of you was an ad on my screen that the software thought should remain.  :facepalm:

• Plus1 1

The fact that he was being looked at for the position tells me that Frost recognizes the problem and is willing to bring in outside help to fix it.  His first target got a better offer but that doesn't mean Frost won't keep shopping.  The negative vibe here stinks lately.  It's early February people, relax.  

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, Hilltop said:

The fact that he was being looked at for the position tells me that Frost recognizes the problem and is willing to bring in outside help to fix it.  His first target got a better offer but that doesn't mean Frost won't keep shopping.  The negative vibe here stinks lately.  It's early February people, relax.  

Agreed. Frost knows the problem, hence why he reached out to Snyder. I fully expect a ST Analyst to be on staff. Snyder got a better offer and an actual coaching spot, can't blame the man. Also, ST was extremely piss poor because our kickers were abysmal. That made everything 10x more difficult than it needed to be. Simple touchbacks would have won us a game or two, that is why you are seeing Frost bring in so many walk on kickers this cycle. I fully expect kickoffs and FG to be a lot better than last year.

Also if there is a God he will not have to let us witness Brody Belt returning kicks again.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
11 hours ago, runningblind said:

I think you mean "we will be fine". Explain that to me, because we've been terrible on special teams.  What makes you think it will magically be better?

Thanks for the correction.

We will be fine because Sean Snyder isn't the only person in the universe that knows special teams.  I expect someone to join as an analyst for special teams.  Even if they don't, I fully understand that ST coaching could have been better.  However, the vast majority of our special teams problems last year were not because of coaching, they were because of injuries to our kickers....which is extremely abnormal.  We have added some kicking talent to the team and I expect our kicking to vastly improve from last year.

Frost has also proved that he knows there are issues on ST.  I'm sure he will be on top of it and making sure it improves.

The world is not falling apart because Sean Snyder took a full time position at another school.