A Snyder at Nebraska

Warrior

1 hour ago, Swiv3D said:

Is it really that hard to google Mario Verduzco's name so that you don't sound like you have no idea what you're talking about by saying "last year's quarterback coach"?

I knew it was an Italian sounding "V" name.  But quite frankly, he and his quarterback production is something I am striving to forget, not remember and so not worth the effort.

But more importantly, if you knew who I was talking about, then where is there a problem for you?

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, BackInTheDay said:

I knew it was an Italian sounding "V" name.  But quite frankly, he and his quarterback production is something I am striving to forget, not remember and so not worth the effort.

But more importantly, if you knew who I was talking about, then where is there a problem for you?

Sorry, but there were far worse problems than QB last year!

• Thanks 1

Sorry, but there were far worse problems than QB last year!

Agreed.  Pass rush and pass coverage on crossing routes were worse, but I don't know if I would say far worse.  To be honest, some of the disappointment in QB play might have been the Heisman hype descending into subpar, making it feel worse than it was.

• Plus1 1
On ‎1‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 4:56 PM, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Can only have some many coaches and we are full!

I'm fine with bringing him in as an analyst, but they generally come and go. Is he going to get our staff prepped to handle ST's well on their own?  Are we bribing him with on-field assistant money to get him to stay? Is Snyder in-line to get an on-field coaching spot? We need a long-term plan for improving our ST's. 

59 minutes ago, Danimal said:

I'm fine with bringing him in as an analyst, but they generally come and go. Is he going to get our staff prepped to handle ST's well on their own?  Are we bribing him with on-field assistant money to get him to stay? Is Snyder in-line to get on on-field coaching spot? We need a long-term plan for improving our ST's. 

My hope is that once the next assistant leaves, Snyder could take his spot.  Not hoping another assistant leaves in the next year or two, but usually at least 1 will every couple years.  I would love to have Snyder on our staff full time.

1 hour ago, BackInTheDay said:

Same could be said for Coach V's results this year.  But only one of us got paid for such  feeble showings.

His two years with McKenzie Milton and first year with Adrian, as well as Pat Grace, Eric Sanders and others at UNI outweigh one mediocre season thus far. His results have earned the benefit of the doubt. 

• Plus1 3
34 minutes ago, Landlord said:

His two years with McKenzie Milton and first year with Adrian, as well as Pat Grace, Eric Sanders and others at UNI outweigh one mediocre season thus far. His results have earned the benefit of the doubt. 

I think it is more of a case of Adrian being off.  Maybe Verduzco confused him, but the rest of V's QB's have done well.