A Snyder at Nebraska

Warrior

47 minutes ago, BackInTheDay said:

Agreed, but then why did Mario play the one that was off?

Because he has direct access to his QBs instead of watching 60 mins a week from the outside and passing judgement. He thought he was the best option to win games.

Fans don't have to agree with his assessment, but we also don't have all the info coaches do.

Edit: Sooo back to Snyder...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 4
On 1/29/2020 at 3:59 PM, BackInTheDay said:

Agreed, but then why did Mario play the one that was off?

On 1/29/2020 at 4:46 PM, FrostedTips said:

Because he has direct access to his QBs instead of watching 60 mins a week from the outside and passing judgement. He thought he was the best option to win games.

Fans don't have to agree with his assessment, but we also don't have all the info coaches do.

Edit: Sooo back to Snyder...

On 1/29/2020 at 8:41 AM, BackInTheDay said:

I would be willing to get rid of last year's quarterback coach to make room for Snyder.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, JJ Husker said:

This is exactly why you aren't in charge of jack sh#t regarding the football program.

Dayng!!!

I just couldn't resist the temptation to look up Adrian's latest injury status...plus re-read about the one from the Colorado game his Freshman year...I'm guessing the staff believes a partially healthy QB1 is still better than a partially healthy QB2 or QB3..

Are we allowed to discuss players' surgeries anymore?  If ever?...Although...Maybe spreading the reps around will help in the long run. (and stop assuming anyone can still play a full season without injury

14 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

and stop assuming anyone can still play a full season without injury.

Lots of teams have QBs who play all year without injury, but they don't run the QB 140+ times.  If we could cut that in half because of really productive running backs and a competent passing attack, we probably could avoid some injuries as well.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2
On 1/30/2020 at 7:35 AM, runningblind said:

Lots of teams have QBs who play all year without injury, but they don't run the QB 140+ times.  If we could cut that in half because of really productive running backs and a competent passing attack, we probably could avoid some injuries as well.

Fewer QB carries and better protection would tend to help..I agree to a point, but...Lots?

I can't remember the last time we went a whole season without one of our starting QBs miss games due to injury...(or even anyone we played)...Didn't we have 3 miss probable starts or brought along on road trips as an emergency backup only, this last season?

When I first started looking at Logan Smothers' highlight videos, I figured he'd be the most likely QB next year or two to enter the transfer portal..But after looking at some stats...Maybe staying put would more likely work out, even if the QB room appears full.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/9/18/20870625/nfl-panic-index-2019-week-3-quarterback-injuries-drew-brees-cam-newton

https://apnews.com/ede0b659a3e2442d9275db16564945e0

3 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

I agree to a point, but...Lots?  Fewer QB carries and better protection would tend to help..

I can't remember the last time we went a whole season without one of our starting QBs miss games due to injury...(or even anyone we played)...Didn't we have 3 miss probable starts or brought along on road trips as an emergency backup only, this last season?

When I first started looking at Logan Smothers' highlight videos, I figured he'd be the most likely QB next year or two to enter the transfer portal..But after looking at some stats...Maybe staying put would more likely work out, even if the QB room appears full.

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/9/18/20870625/nfl-panic-index-2019-week-3-quarterback-injuries-drew-brees-cam-newton

https://apnews.com/ede0b659a3e2442d9275db16564945e0

Why would he sign with us a few weeks before deciding to transfer? He knew long ago who we had in the QBs room.

A freshman ought not be thinking transfer before he’s even taken his first exam in school.   

On 1/31/2020 at 4:00 AM, 84HuskerLaw said:

Why would he sign with us a few weeks before deciding to transfer? He knew long ago who we had in the QBs room.

A freshman ought not be thinking transfer before he’s even taken his first exam in school.   

I'm not saying weeks, but just probably the one most likely to transfer first...His videos look like he throws a ''heavy ball''

Maybe he thinks some time with Mario can help him get to the next level.