OG Deshawn Woods [Wyoming - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

33 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Woods commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

Nice pickup for Mizzou.  If you really don't like Omaha and want to get out ... Columbia, MO is not that much of a "step up" ... but, oh well.  He didn't want to be :bigredn: and we had four years to prove ourselves to him and couldn't get it done.  Maybe being within our 500 mile radius it will be some good salt in our wounds and make us better in what we learn from it. 'Cruitin' ain't all fun and this one will be interesting to see as he plays in the best conference on the planet.

• Oh Yeah! 1

• Mavric changed the title to OG Deshawn Woods [Missouri Commit]
6 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Mizzou has only gone 8-5, 6-6 and 5-5 ... so records aren't everything. 

His words as well ... "culture" and "relationships".

When the instate school sucks kids will look elsewhere even if it's not a team that's way better. ASU and U of A are two good examples they can't keep the best kids instate ever.

• Oh Yeah! 1

7 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Mizzou has only gone 8-5, 6-6 and 5-5 ... so records aren't everything. 

His words as well ... "culture" and "relationships".

Well, 19-16 with no losing seasons is sure a hell of lot better than 12-20 with no winning seasons.

But the culture and relationships are just as concerning.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Well, 19-16 with no losing seasons is sure a hell of lot better than 12-20 with no winning seasons.

But the culture and relationships are just as concerning.

Well, he was set to go to Arizona State until a couple weeks ago (when their violations surfaced), so "culture and relationships" is more just the popular thing to say.  You can ease your concern.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

Not stressing here. I was done with him once he blamed Nebraska fans as a reason he eliminated the Huskers. I get being turned off by a losing record on the field or wanting to experience something else but acting like we were the reason when it was clearly something else (ASU) was lame as hell.

• Plus1 4
10 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

Or he didn't want to go to Nebraska.

I believe that this is the best or truest statement of the whole deal.  

I'm with others, I moved on a long, long time ago.  He passed my eyeball test greatly and the "want" was so great I had to move on ... it was obvious he didn't want to go to Nebraska.  My kids don't like or want anything to do with Nebraska either ... as they associate :bigredn: as a bunch of fans who think they are great ... when they are only average but with a lot of pride and belief that we should be given the red carpet.

I do think he is gonna be a good one though.  I actually think he will be a first round draft pick.  As with various prospects, I'll come back to this thread in 3-4 years and recall what others said, along with myself ... and wonder.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I believe that this is the best or truest statement of the whole deal.  

I'm with others, I moved on a long, long time ago.  He passed my eyeball test greatly and the "want" was so great I had to move on ... it was obvious he didn't want to go to Nebraska.  My kids don't like or want anything to do with Nebraska either ... as they associate :bigredn: as a bunch of fans who think they are great ... when they are only average but with a lot of pride and belief that we should be given the red carpet.

I do think he is gonna be a good one though.  I actually think he will be a first round draft pick.  As with various prospects, I'll come back to this thread in 3-4 years and recall what others said, along with myself ... and wonder.

If a kid wants to come here we will be on his list. But sometimes it's just that the kid really doesn't want to stay in the state. While I was in high school heck it would be enticing to go somewhere other than Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to OG Deshawn Woods [Wyoming - Signed LOI]