OG Deshawn Woods [Wyoming - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

33 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Woods commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

If a kid wants to come here we will be on his list. But sometimes it's just that the kid really doesn't want to stay in the state. While I was in high school heck it would be enticing to go somewhere other than Nebraska.

I know what you are saying ... but when I was in Middle School and High School at Milliard North ... the dream of me and all my friends were to become a Husker and to go to :bigredn:.  That part has totally changed ... so you are "spot on".

1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

He never considered NU. 

If you watch his "One on One" video ... that kind of statement would go against what he said in his own video.  He was stating that Nebraska and Missouri were pursuing him the most and that it was important to establish as many contacts to really get to know someone.  So, he was getting plenty of contact from Nebraska ... compared to other programs [except Mizzou] ... and as he was "getting to know" :bigredn: he obviously wasn't interested enough [I'm interjecting now what I think he was saying.  He is a relationship guy ... so to say that he didn't consider us is probably your take ... as I just gave mine [I think he considered us but didn't see us as his best option ... which is fair to me].

25 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

If you watch his "One on One" video ... that kind of statement would go against what he said in his own video.  He was stating that Nebraska and Missouri were pursuing him the most and that it was important to establish as many contacts to really get to know someone.  So, he was getting plenty of contact from Nebraska ... compared to other programs [except Mizzou] ... and as he was "getting to know" :bigredn: he obviously wasn't interested enough [I'm interjecting now what I think he was saying.  He is a relationship guy ... so to say that he didn't consider us is probably your take ... as I just gave mine [I think he considered us but didn't see us as his best option ... which is fair to me].

I disagree, he quickly ruled out Nebraska, as did the other top prospects in the metro area. Variety of factors but the draw of leaving the state was obvious when Nebraska was left off all the Top 3/5/10/X lists. Hoping the best for the four but I'd be surprised if more than one stays at his chosen school throughout his college career. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
13 hours ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

I disagree, he quickly ruled out Nebraska, as did the other top prospects in the metro area. Variety of factors but the draw of leaving the state was obvious when Nebraska was left off all the Top 3/5/10/X lists. Hoping the best for the four but I'd be surprised if more than one stays at his chosen school throughout his college career. 

What happens when you "rule out someone".  Are you braindead when you do that.  Do you consider any factors?

Obviously, you did not watch the "One of One" video.  He lays out himself as a person and what is important to him.  

Here's the deal ... Husker fans have so much pride that they think they above any player ruling them out for all the [to them] pretty obvious things of why :bigredn: is not in the top of a player's ranking.  So, in this case, we say, "Well, he ruled us out before he really ever considered us."  That's just silly.  These kids are seeing all the years of "the crap/delusion" that is now known as "Nebraska Football".  I kid a generation ago would not have this view.  I believe I can say that because I was that generation.

It's all good.  We had moved on.  Most have.  The only thing worth salvaging out of it is what "spin" one wants to put on it.

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

What happens when you "rule out someone".  Are you braindead when you do that.  Do you consider any factors?

Obviously, you did not watch the "One of One" video.  He lays out himself as a person and what is important to him.  

Here's the deal ... Husker fans have so much pride that they think they above any player ruling them out for all the [to them] pretty obvious things of why :bigredn: is not in the top of a player's ranking.  So, in this case, we say, "Well, he ruled us out before he really ever considered us."  That's just silly.  These kids are seeing all the years of "the crap/delusion" that is now known as "Nebraska Football".  I kid a generation ago would not have this view.  I believe I can say that because I was that generation.

It's all good.  We had moved on.  Most have.  The only thing worth salvaging out of it is what "spin" one wants to put on it.

@BigRedNYour word choice and punctuation make your talking points rather difficult to understand.

Woods, Jackson and the Bell West players did rule Nebraska out pretty early on. Had Nebraska been a serious consideration, they would have made the top 5-10 lists for these kids and taken some visits this spring/summer. I'm not knocking the kids, go to college where they want, but I'm not sure what more the staff could have done (besides winning) to catch the attention of the four metro players in question. I hope for the best for each of the players and really hope they get their degrees. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
On 7/5/2021 at 5:34 AM, BigRedN said:

He blasted our coaches and Austin specifically saying “ They don’t know how to recruit”. Well I guess by recruiting right you need to go to Herm at A$U or the $EC

• Plus1 4
  • 5 months later...

• 1 month later...
  • Mavric changed the title to OG Deshawn Woods [Wyoming - Signed LOI]