OG Deshawn Woods [Wyoming - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

33 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Woods commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

16 minutes ago, Decked said:

You never want to lose in-state guys but there is just not much interest from a lot of in-state players. Gotta win. And even then..I’m not sure we grab them. Omaha kids do not care about Nebraska as a state or football. They just all wanna get out. 

We have to prove to kids that we can develop them and put them in a position to make it to the NFL.

That has been difficult for Frost so far, at least on offense. 

Attitude/culture thing at play here. I don't know the kid at all and never want speak ill of young people because I know they are under a lot of pressure these days. That said, if your priority is getting south for party's and sun, you were never going to be the type of player that would work out here.  I'd even go so far to hedge a guess he will ultimately bust anyway, but I know I'm not supposed to do that. The schools on his list are not even quality schools. He's chasing party's and sun.

• Haha 2
46 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

Attitude/culture thing at play here. I don't know the kid at all and never want speak ill of young people because I know they are under a lot of pressure these days. That said, if your priority is getting south for party's and sun, you were never going to be the type of player that would work out here.  I'd even go so far to hedge a guess he will ultimately bust anyway, but I know I'm not supposed to do that. The schools on his list are not even quality schools. He's chasing party's and sun.

Maybe he just doesn't want to go to a school that's been terrible for a good chunk of his life and doesn't put guys in the nfl.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

Maybe he just doesn't want to go to a school that's been terrible for a good chunk of his life and doesn't put guys in the nfl.

I mean Missouri and Arizona State are in there 

This is about weather/fun

& getting out of the state of Nebraska because Omaha is horrible 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Decked said:

Pretty sure we finished higher than both Missouri and Arizona State in rankings and have continually added top 25 classes. Some of you guys have no clue. The recruiting has been fine. The coaching has sucked a$$. 

Lol

I was referring to in-state recruiting. And your recruiting isn't "fine" when you have your best players leaving every year.

• Fire 1
6 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Lol

I was referring to in-state recruiting. And your recruiting isn't "fine" when you have your best players leaving every year.

You said nobody wants to play for a s#!t program. I just proved you wrong. Both in state and out of state. However the players leaving is an issue & the coaching has lacked anything to be inspired about 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Decked said:

I mean Missouri and Arizona State are in there 

This is about weather/fun

& getting out of the state of Nebraska because Omaha is horrible 

I won’t hold it against a kid looking to try something different for college, and using a football scholarship for an opportunity to live some place else. I don’t get what you mean that Omaha is “horrible”. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I won’t hold it against a kid looking to try something different for college, and using a football scholarship for an opportunity to live some place else. I don’t get what you mean that Omaha is “horrible”. 

Ask any kid from Omaha and they will tell you how horrible it is. They all want to get out. 

• Haha 1
9 minutes ago, Decked said:

You said nobody wants to play for a s#!t program. I just proved you wrong. Both in state and out of state. However the players leaving is an issue & the coaching has lacked anything to be inspired about 

Lol. Okay. Clearly everybody wants to be here, except for the studs walking out of the doors.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Interesting. I am still curious what makes Omaha so “horrible”. 

It has nothing to do with Omaha, and he knows that. It has everything to do with where Frost has Nebraska as a program.

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
18 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Lol. Okay. Clearly everybody wants to be here, except for the studs walking out of the doors.

It has nothing to do with Omaha, and he knows that. It has everything to do with where Frost has Nebraska as a program.

Omaha kids have even historically not been as infatuated with the program as the rest of the state. It’s the hardest pull from anywhere in the state. Oregon, Iowa, Wisconsin, & ND have invaded. You will not catch me making excuses for this staff. But you simply aren’t correct here.

If I recall correctly I am pretty sure Devon Jackson isnt from Nebraska either. 

• Haha 2
  • Mavric changed the title to OG Deshawn Woods [Missouri Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to OG Deshawn Woods [Wyoming - Signed LOI]