Returning Production: B10 West (2020)

BIG ERN

Notable players. Red means graduating senior or left to the NFL.

QB

(Illinois) Brandon Peters: 1,884 yards 18 TD, 8 INT (55.3%) 3 rushing TD
(Iowa) Nathan Stanley: 2,951 yards, 16 TD 7 INT (59.4%)

(Minnesota) Tanner Morgan: 3,253 yards 30 TD 7 INT (66%)

(Nebraska) Adrian Martinez: 1,956 yards, 10 TD  9 INT (59.4%) 626 yards rushing 7 TD

(Northwestern) Aiden Smith: 760 yards 3 TD 9 INT (50.3%)

(Purdue) Jack Plummer: 1,603 yards 11 TD, 8 INT (59.8%)

(Wisconsin) Jack Coan: 2,727 yards 18 TD 5 INT (69.6%)

RB

(Illinois) Reggie Corbin: 675 yards, 7 TD (4.7 ypc)

(Illinois) Dre Brown: 584 yards, 5 TD (5.2 ypc)

(Iowa) Tyler Goodson: 638 yards, 5 TD (4.8 ypc)

(Iowa) Mekhi Sargent: 563 yards, 4 TD (4.7 ypc)

(Minnesota) Rodney Smith: 1,163 yards 8 TD (5.1 ypc)

(Minnesota) Mohamed Ibrahim: 604 yards, 7 TD (5.3 ypc)

(Nebraska) Dedrick Mills: 745 yards, 10 TD (5.2 ypc)

(Northwestern) Drake Anderson: 634 yards, 3 TD (4.1 ypc)

(Purdue) King Doerue: 451 yards, 5 TD (3.5 ypc)

(Wisconsin) Jonathan Taylor: 2,003 yards 21 TD (6.3 ypc)

WR/TE

(Illinois) Josh Imatorbhebhe: 634 yards, 9 TD

(Iowa) Ihmir Smith-Marsette: 722 yards, 5 TD

(Iowa) Tyrone Tracy Jr: 589 yards, 3 TD

(Iowa) Brandon Smith: 439 yards, 5 TD

(Minnesota) Tyler Johnson: 1,318 yards 13 TD 

(Minnesota) Rashod Bateman: 1,219 yards 11 TD

(Nebraska) JD Spielman: 898 yards, 5 TD

(Nebraska) Wandale Robinson: 453 yards, 2 TD, 340 rushing 3 TD

(Northwestern) Riley Lees: 430 yards, 2 TD

(Purdue) Brycen Hopkins: 830 yards, 7 TD

(Purdue) David Bell: 1,035 yards, 7 TD

(Purdue) Rondale Moore: 387 yards, 2 TD -Injury

(Wisconsin) Quintez Cephus: 901 yards, 7 TD

(Wisconsin) Jake Ferguson: 407 yards, 2 TD

OL

(Illinois) Alex Palczewski: 3rd team B10

(Iowa) Tristan Wirfs: 1st team B10

(Iowa) Alaric Jackson: 2nd team B10

(Minnesota) Bliase Andries: 3rd team B10

(Wisconsin) Cole Van Lanen: 2nd team B10

(Wisconsin) Tyler Biadasz: 1st team B10

DEFENSE

(Illinois) Dele Harding: 149 tackles, 14 TFL, 3 INT

(Illinois) Oluwole Betiku Jr: 13 TFL, 9 sacks

(Illinois) Sydney Brown: 88 tackles, 3 INT

(Iowa) AJ Epenesa: 14 TFL, 11.5 sacks 

(Iowa) Geno Stone: 70 tackles, 3 TFL, 1 INT

(Iowa) Michael Ojemudia: 52 tackles, 3 INT

(Iowa) Chauncey Golston: 9.5 TFL, 3 sacks, 1 INT

(Minnesota) Antoine Winfield Jr: 83 tackles, 7 INT

(Minnesota) Carter Coughlin: 9.5 TFL, 4.5 sacks 

(Minnesota) Sam Renner: 8.5 TFL, 5 sacks

(Nebraska) Khalil Davis: 11 TFL, 8 sacks

(Nebraska) Lamar Jackson: 40 tackles, 3 INT

(Nebraska) JoJo Domann: 10 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 INT

(Nebraska) Cam Taylor-Britt: 49 tackles, 2 INT, 1 TD

(Northwestern) Joe Gaziano: 17 TFL, 9 sacks

(Northwestern) Paddy Fisher: 88 tackles, 6 TFL, 1 INT

(Northwestern) Blake Gallagher: 88 tackles, 4.5 TFL, 3 INT

(Purdue) George Karlaftis: 17 TFL, 7.5 sacks

(Purdue) Derrick Barnes: 11 TFL, 7.5 sacks

(Purdue) Dedrick Mackey/Cory Trice: 6 INTs total

(Wisconsin) Zach Baun: 19.5 TFL, 12.5 sacks

(Wisconsin) Chris Orr: 14 TFL, 11.5 sacks 

(Wisconsin) Jack Sanborn: 9 TFL, 5.5 sacks 

• Plus1 4

5 minutes ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Wisconsin loses a ton. Maybe this is the year we beat them.

Man I hope so. I was kind of excited because for once there didn't seem to be a clear absolute stud RB on their roster, but then they got a commit from this guy. Yeah it's silly to count on freshman being studs, but look what Gordon/Taylor did against us as freshmen. I'm still optimistic, but less so.

27 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Kinda crazy Mills is the returning leading rusher in the west. He should improve on his numbers a fair amount one would think. 

I would probably put him at 1000 yards and maybe 12-14 TD's.  I still think Frost will want to spread the wealth and carries at I-Back, and he's going to want a home run threat at RB.  Plus, the WR's should be more productive (at least I'm hoping they will be).

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Kinda crazy Mills is the returning leading rusher in the west. He should improve on his numbers a fair amount one would think. 

With the experience our OL gained, the way they were blocking at the end of the year against stiff competition, and the fact the offense really started to click with mills at the end of the year I think we’ll see a lot better of a year. All conference type of year maybe

• Plus1 3
On 1/24/2020 at 3:19 PM, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Wisconsin loses a ton. Maybe this is the year we beat them.

Nope. Not in Camp Randall. Let me tell you something.

These teams in the Big West are the same.....damn....team they are every year. Doesn't matter what the f#&% these teams lose. Doesn't matter what the f#&% these teams bring back for the most part. They're the same damn team eeeeeeevry single freaking year and if you don't believe me then look at what Wisconsin lost before last season and they still put on the field a damn "ground and pound, 2,000 yards Jonathan Taylor, Winning the West" type of as team like they normally do. It's no different no matter which players they use. They're going to have yet another Jonathan Taylor just like they replaced the f#&%ing Corey Clement as player from before J.T came in. It doesn't matter what they use. Same thing goes for f#&%ing Iowa, and the rest of these "same team different players" a$$ teams. 

What's important more than anything is if Frost gets Nebraska to functioning at our best in order to be able to beat these "obstacle course" type teams in the west who never get any better or any worst than they are every season for the most part. But the best Nebraska team WILL be good enough to beat these "obstacle course" Big West teams, but who the hell knows when that'll happen for FROST at Nebraska. Not MIKE RILEY's best team(s) at Nebraska. Not BO PELINI's best team(s) at Nebraska. But the best SCOTT FROST team(s) ought to whip every single Big West team's a$$ and challenge for the Big Ten overall. Point blank period. 

However, judging from the very slow a$$ progress under Frost we seem to be having it looks like it'll take 9 damn years for that'll happen since we've gotten so damn weak as a program that even a coach of Frost's caliber (and he is in fact a VERY great coach) can gets us just only about 1 extra damn win a year. So hang on for a while before you look at us beating Wisconsin. I'm telling you right now that s#!t is going to take... a MINUTE! (very loooong minute) But it's coming. 

GBR 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, .1. said:

Nope. Not in Camp Randall. Let me tell you something.

These teams in the Big West are the same.....damn....team they are every year. Doesn't matter what the f#&% these teams lose. Doesn't matter what the f#&% these teams bring back for the most part. They're the same damn team eeeeeeevry single freaking year and if you don't believe me then look at what Wisconsin lost before last season and they still put on the field a damn "ground and pound, 2,000 yards Jonathan Taylor, Winning the West" type of as team like they normally do. It's no different no matter which players they use. They're going to have yet another Jonathan Taylor just like they replaced the f#&%ing Corey Clement as player from before J.T came in. It doesn't matter what they use. Same thing goes for f#&%ing Iowa, and the rest of these "same team different players" a$$ teams. 

What's important more than anything is if Frost gets Nebraska to functioning at our best in order to be able to beat these "obstacle course" type teams in the west who never get any better or any worst than they are every season for the most part. But the best Nebraska team WILL be good enough to beat these "obstacle course" Big West teams, but who the hell knows when that'll happen for FROST at Nebraska. Not MIKE RILEY's best team(s) at Nebraska. Not BO PELINI's best team(s) at Nebraska. But the best SCOTT FROST team(s) ought to whip every single Big West team's a$$ and challenge for the Big Ten overall. Point blank period. 

However, judging from the very slow a$$ progress under Frost we seem to be having it looks like it'll take 9 damn years for that'll happen since we've gotten so damn weak as a program that even a coach of Frost's caliber (and he is in fact a VERY great coach) can gets us just only about 1 extra damn win a year. So hang on for a while before you look at us beating Wisconsin. I'm telling you right now that s#!t is going to take... a MINUTE! (very loooong minute) But it's coming. 

GBR 

Why did I read this in Dennis Green's voice?

Spoiler

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Why did I read this in Dennis Green's voice?

Hide contents

You sir, I just got to give some damn credit to for you are one of the most funniest, light-hearted, and good spirited Husker fans on this entire damn sight. Every time I see your light-hearted post filled with levity I always laugh my a$$ off but in silence since most of the time I just keep it to myself. But I've GOT to say something about it this time. You're a breath of fresh air when I come to this sight pissed off as a raging bull out of my freaking mind about the Husker's performances as of lately (these past few years of not making a single damn bowl game) but then end up in such a good mood after seeing one of your once again hilarious types of post. Keep being you sir. Please. It's highly appreciated and God bless you. 

• Plus1 2

GREAT thread, Ern!  

Some other Huskers that might be considered notable:  (honorable mention all Big 10--except for MoWash)  

OL  Brendan Jaimes  

DL Darrion Daniels 

ILB Mohammed Barry 

RB Maurice Washington

• Plus1 1