PGA Tour 2020

Mavric

54 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Other than just actually being there, probably the most fun part about going to a practice round a couple years ago was watching a bunch of pros just have fun doing this.  Didn't see any holes-in-one though.

First off, what an amazing shot!

Secondly, I totally agree about the practice rounds. Back in 2003, I served as a marshal at the US Open. And the best part was definitely getting to be on the course during the practice rounds. One day I was serving as a spotter near a fairway bunker on the 18th hole, when Bernhard Langer hits his tee shot into the bunker. As he's walking up to his ball, I start talking to him in German. Needless to say, he was a little shocked (and impressed). After carrying on a short conversation, he said "Sehen sie auf! ("Check this out!") and then dropped three more balls into the bunker. He then proceeded to hit all four balls using four different clubs to within a few yards of the hole, at which point I started yelling "Sehr gut! Sehr gut!" and gave him a standing ovation. To which he responded "Vielen Dank!" and took a bow and walked off to the green. It was the highlight of the week.

• Plus1 2

• 3 weeks later...