Sabastian Harsh

According to some reports, Sabastian Harsh has chosen to go to Wyoming.  If true, this is a significant miss for Nebraska in my view, and frankly NU has had way too many misses lately.  

Here is a 6'2 230 lb Nebraska kid who showed nothing but total heart in his appearances in Memorial.  Under pressure from his own end zone he punted a football  79 yds.   no kidding, watch the video.  

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1199152136648642560

This kid represents exactly what Nebraska has been missing from its walk on program for too long.   Another NU swing and a miss.

If he showed that kind of heart with a Scottsbluff helmet on I think he would have shown the same with a Nebraska helmet on. 

I would have offered him a scholarship that day and never looked back.

4 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

According to some reports, Sabastian Harsh has chosen to go to Wyoming.  If true, this is a significant miss for Nebraska in my view, and frankly NU has had way too many misses lately.  

Here is a 6'2 230 lb Nebraska kid who showed nothing but total heart in his appearances in Memorial.  Under pressure from his own end zone he punted a football  79 yds.   no kidding, watch the video.  

https://www.trendsmap.com/twitter/tweet/1199152136648642560

This kid represents exactly what Nebraska has been missing from its walk on program for too long.   Another NU swing and a miss.

If he showed that kind of heart with a Scottsbluff helmet on I think he would have shown the same with a Nebraska helmet on. 

Dude is a beast.  Would have been a good get.

Not ready to call this a miss yet.  Sounded like he has some academic issues to work out.  Also, is he getting a scholarship to Wyoming?  Pretty hard to call turning down a walk-on offer for a scholarship a miss.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Dude is a beast.  Would have been a good get.

Not ready to call this a miss yet.  Sounded like he has some academic issues to work out.  Also, is he getting a scholarship to Wyoming?  Pretty hard to call turning down a walk-on offer for a scholarship a miss.

No scholly.  He cites his relationship with the Wyo coaches.  

9 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

Laramie is also much closer to Scottsbluff than Lincoln is. I hope he has a great college career and earns a scholarship, but even if he does, I won't view this as a miss by Nebraska. Good luck to him.

This is a miss.  And how many good in-state kids can Nebraska afford to lose?

Harsh lead his team to back to back State Championship games in Class B from a Western school to boot.  He tied the single game playoff touchdown record (5) as a Jr.  He showed as much or more heart in that stadium than I have seen in awhile.  Perfect example of the kid you should be getting if you are NU.  But yes, good pick up for the Cowboys who now have Craig Bohl along with a half dozen or so good Neb. high school players.

And the 79 or 81 yd punt is just an example of the kid's overall athleticism.  How many 18 yr. olds can do that?

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, dvdcrr said:

This is a miss.  And how many good in-state kids can Nebraska afford to lose?

This one very well might be a miss. Only time will tell.  But, here are the instate numbers of scholarship recruits Nebraska has gotten:

2010 - 3

2011 - 4

2012 - 1

2013 - 1

2014 - 3

2015 - 2

2016 - 2

2017 - 4

2018 - 1

2019 - 5

2020 - 2 (and went and got two formerly instate players to transfer back)

We went through a period where our HCs didn't respect the instate talent.  Callahan was the worst and Bo was almost right there with him.  I see that changing and I expect us to miss out on good instate recruits much less now that Frost is here.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

Here is a 6'2 230 lb Nebraska kid who showed nothing but total heart in his appearances in Memorial. 

Your criticism seems a bit Harsh.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

So let me get this straight,

A 6'2 230 lb kid comes into your house, leading his team to the state title game 2 years in a row doing it with both his arm and his feet, fights like a lion for 8 quarters, unleashes what has to be a record punt, when he is not even a kicker,  when your own college punter can't even do it,  and you are like ..."meh".

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

So let me get this straight,

A 6'2 230 lb kid comes into your house, leading his team to the state title game 2 years in a row doing it with both his arm and his feet, fights like a lion for 8 quarters, unleashes what has to be a record punt, when he is not even a kicker,  when your own college punter can't even do it,  and you are like ..."meh".

The only explanation must be his grades....

Is he going to punt or play a different position.  My nephew took a scholarship from UNO to play def. instead of being a walk-on place kicker.  Different time & coaches, but it sounds like you do not know the whole story.