Will There Be Witnesses?

Will there be Witneses called  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A quick poll --  do you think the Senate will eventually call witnesses in the impeachment trial of Trump?

With the Bolton manuscript draft coming to light, there may be more pressure on the Senate to call witnesses.  Public opinion

may force them to do so.  But wt Moscow Mitch, aka The Turtle, at the helm, he may not give a d.... what the public wants or desires.

NOTE: KEEP THE DISCUSSION ONLY ABOUT THE ISSUE OF WITNESSES BEING CALLED.  USE THE MAIN IMPEACHMENT THREAD FOR THE BROADER DISCUSSION.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

If I vote "no" to #1, the other questions are N/A and I can't save my vote.

I still think the Republicans in the Senate are so far up Trump's a$$ that they will not allow witnesses.  So, America will need to let them know how they feel about that in the coming elections.

Ok try now

they should call witnesses, but they won't.   the republicans want this over ASAP and witnesses would only prolong the trial.    the longer the trial goes the worse the republicans would look.   at this point they would rather not call witnesses and have people think they are corrupted rather than have witnesses that would prove the whole party is corrupt.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And...here come the attacks.

That shows how scared they are of testimony. All Mitt said is he wants to hear from Bolton and people are equating that with impeachment. They know Boltons testimony would destroy any Trump defense 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

That shows how scared they are of testimony. All Mitt said is he wants to hear from Bolton and people are equating that with impeachment. They know Boltons testimony would destroy any Trump defense 

Yep...read all the responses to the tweet I posted.  If Bolton would prove Trump was innocent, they should be cheering this attitude.

Here, Romney only said he wants to hear what he has to say.  

I did get a chuckle at this one though.

• Haha 2

"Strengthen the case for witnesses"

"Increasingly likely" to call for witnesses.

This is a trial. Trials involve witness testimony. It is a no-brainer that you would call witnesses in this, and every other case, where witness testimony is available.

These guys aren't committing to anything. Those words are temporizing. They're desperate to find some way - any way - to not call Bolton or anyone else.

Cowards.

To wit:

• Plus1 2