Will There Be Witnesses?

Will there be Witneses called  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Ohhh that is interesting.

I think this is something they want on TV...but you could be right.

Ds want it on TV.  Rs want it behind three sets of locked doors in a sound proof room with nobody legally being able to talk to the press after the hearings unless they are sworn devoted followers of Trump.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ohhh that is interesting.

I think this is something they want on TV...but you could be right.

I heard once that a trial lawyer should never ask a question he doesn't already know the answer to. If the senate pushes for a closed door portion of questioning, and it gets through voting, then I would guess the lawyers for the defense don't want the answers and video of testimony released. Statements of what was said during the testimony aren't as compelling as live answers from the direct source. Time will tell.

• Fire 1

7 hours ago, TGHusker said:

NOTE: KEEP THE DISCUSSION ONLY ABOUT THE ISSUE OF WITNESSES BEING CALLED.  USE THE MAIN IMPEACHMENT THREAD FOR THE BROADER DISCUSSION.

Thought I'd add this note so we can keep this discussion specifically about the calling of witnesses. 

I sincerely hope that when this trial is over, a major news publication like Newsweek, for example,  lay everything out for everyone to read.   Including testimony facts, Tweets and quotes from trump and congress members and how every single senator voted.   We as Americans need to see their hipocracy, impartiality, coverup attempts and general denial of doing their constitutional duty.   I’m guessing it won’t be a good look for the good olé GOP. 

• Plus1 1