CB Gabe Nealy [South Florida Commit]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

17 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Nealy commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

8 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

The schools/coaches aren’t allowed to publicly mention recruits by name until after they’ve signed their LOI.

247 is the best in the business and worth the subscription if you’re interested in getting into recruiting. Generally speaking, the info they get is from the coaches and players directly but they also interview HS coaches.

Ok.  thanks.   So there some school source to it and not just players putting out the stuff or internet speculation.  I had kind of assumed but with so much guessing etc wasnt sure.  I was thinking maybe the schools could not say anything to anyone but the recruits themselves - by rule.  

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Ok.  thanks.   So there some school source to it and not just players putting out the stuff or internet speculation.  I had kind of assumed but with so much guessing etc wasnt sure.  I was thinking maybe the schools could not say anything to anyone but the recruits themselves - by rule.  

It’s a good question! Haha. Since we are such an active fanbase on twitter, we’ve actually had fake “commitments” where recruits have either intentionally faked a commitment to Nebraska just to get followers, or perhaps misunderstood the scholarship offer wasn’t fully committable and claimed to be committed to us. These usually come out of left field and surprise everyone. The coaches are allowed to hint: “we just brought in some serious SPEED from the 305!” And that lets us know a commitment is legitimate. But they can’t outright say the player we landed until after signing day.

There’s definitely some guessing that goes into it and recruiting is always fluid since HS players change their minds so damn much. And sometimes it’s just as simple as they’re being nice and don’t want to say anything bad about Nebraska. But generally speaking, we get a pretty good idea where we stand with recruits from the writers.

3 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

It’s a good question! Haha. Since we are such an active fanbase on twitter, we’ve actually had fake “commitments” where recruits have either intentionally faked a commitment to Nebraska just to get followers, or perhaps misunderstood the scholarship offer wasn’t fully committable and claimed to be committed to us. These usually come out of left field and surprise everyone. The coaches are allowed to hint: “we just brought in some serious SPEED from the 305!” And that lets us know a commitment is legitimate. But they can’t outright say the player we landed until after signing day.

There’s definitely some guessing that goes into it and recruiting is always fluid since HS players change their minds so damn much. And sometimes it’s just as simple as they’re being nice and don’t want to say anything bad about Nebraska. But generally speaking, we get a pretty good idea where we stand with recruits from the writers.

Again thanks.  I dont have time to spend on other sites unfortunately!  I find HB is quite interesting!   These days I am furloughed from work (virus in upstate NY btw) though so i have way too much time binge watching Netflix etc.  lol.  But hopefully Im back at work soon but ????   

No matter what - I am always home in Lincoln!   GBR!

• Plus1 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://theathletic.com/1868042/2020/06/12/this-week-in-bearcats-recruiting-gabe-nealy-and-the-ahmad-gardner-effect/

He heard from at least 10 different programs on the day he de-committed. But the Bearcats had always remained near the top of his list, largely due to the relationship he had developed with defensive coordinator Marcus Freeman and new defensive backs coach Perry Eliano. Even head coach Luke Fickell has gone out of his way to make a connection.

“I get FaceTime calls from Coach Freeman, if not every day then every other day. And then calls, texts and FaceTimes from Coach Eliano as well,” he said. “But what really surprised me is that some head coaches, they don’t like to be involved in the recruitment and everything, but Coach Fickell, he wants to be in there, talk to you, get to know you. That’s great.”

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Gabe Nealy [South Florida Commit]