Spring Game - April 18, 2020

Mavric

Alright good. Seems like the only damn guarantee for Nebraska every year is our sell out-streaks. We've got the nation leading sell-out streak in the regular season and a bit of a streak going now in spring-game sell outs. 

Let's keep this thing going. There should be plenty of interesting enough players showing up from this supposedly "very talented" recruiting class to make it worthwhile, but this time let's not take too much out of a spring game because we never know about how it'll actually translate onto the field on gameday. 

Last time, I actually thought that since Martinez was so damn good in his spring game, then he'd be all "lights out" and what not in the real games. NOOOOOOOOOOOPE! And we all thought that since Fields was like 4/17 in HIS spring game he'd be all "like a bust" in the real games. Again NOOOOOOOOOOOOPE! So let's just enjoy this scrimmage. I don't give a damn what I see this time in performance. There's no expectations from me this time. I mean hell, I don't give a damn if A QB goes 0/100 or 100/100; If the defense gives up 100 points on both sides or 0 on both sides. It just matters what the hell shows up on the field come real gameday. Period.

But let's all enjoy this.

GBR 

8 hours ago, .1. said:

Alright good. Seems like the only damn guarantee for Nebraska every year is our sell out-streaks. We've got the nation leading sell-out streak in the regular season and a bit of a streak going now in spring-game sell outs. 

Let's keep this thing going. There should be plenty of interesting enough players showing up from this supposedly "very talented" recruiting class to make it worthwhile, but this time let's not take too much out of a spring game because we never know about how it'll actually translate onto the field on gameday. 

Last time, I actually thought that since Martinez was so damn good in his spring game, then he'd be all "lights out" and what not in the real games. NOOOOOOOOOOOPE! And we all thought that since Fields was like 4/17 in HIS spring game he'd be all "like a bust" in the real games. Again NOOOOOOOOOOOOPE! So let's just enjoy this scrimmage. I don't give a damn what I see this time in performance. There's no expectations from me this time. I mean hell, I don't give a damn if A QB goes 0/100 or 100/100; If the defense gives up 100 points on both sides or 0 on both sides. It just matters what the hell shows up on the field come real gameday. Period.

But let's all enjoy this.

GBR 

k

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/28/2020 at 4:49 AM, Hilltop said:

Still ticked this is on opening day of turkey season.  While that maybe doesn't move the needle for a lot in Lincoln and Omaha, a lot of rural guys will skip the game due to this.  Hope they still sell out fast...

I grew up in a pheasant hunting hotspot (Phelps County).  I didn't even know there was a season for turkeys until an old teammate sent out this confusing picture of him sneaking up on one.. 

Spoiler

Image may contain: 1 person