Spring Game - April 18, 2020

Mavric

Perhaps this topic has been covered already, and If so, I apologize; but with facilities being closed... what happens to the weight program? Are those who live in the area still able to access the weight room and/or Duvall?Appreciate any input or clarification.

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, Comish said:

Perhaps this topic has been covered already, and If so, I apologize; but with facilities being closed... what happens to the weight program? Are those who live in the area still able to access the weight room and/or Duvall?Appreciate any input or clarification.

Per an OWH article from 3/13:

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/football/husker-spring-football-on-hiatus-as-big-ten-cancels-all/article_71d88e03-db0c-5dd3-b9c7-05b8def0d6b8.html

According to an NU spokesman, Nebraska will leave its facilities open to staff and student-athletes, including the weight room, where voluntary workouts conducted in small groups can still be held. Moos will next talk publicly at 6 p.m. Monday on his monthly radio hour with the Husker Sports Network.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

Per an OWH article from 3/13:

https://www.omaha.com/sports/college/huskers/teams/football/husker-spring-football-on-hiatus-as-big-ten-cancels-all/article_71d88e03-db0c-5dd3-b9c7-05b8def0d6b8.html

According to an NU spokesman, Nebraska will leave its facilities open to staff and student-athletes, including the weight room, where voluntary workouts conducted in small groups can still be held. Moos will next talk publicly at 6 p.m. Monday on his monthly radio hour with the Husker Sports Network.

Informative and helpful...Thanks..

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I wish they would just film a scrimmage and put it on BTN. Same for every team in the league.

I get that maybe these players shouldn't be grouped together right now with the plague going on, but dang, I miss football.

Amen!

I wish the NCAA would have announced the brackets and then did a video game simulation of those games.  s#!t, stream it, it would have got tons of hits/views.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I wish they would just film a scrimmage and put it on BTN. Same for every team in the league.

I get that maybe these players shouldn't be grouped together right now with the plague going on, but dang, I miss football.

Are any teams even allowed to practice?

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Amen!

I wish the NCAA would have announced the brackets and then did a video game simulation of those games.  s#!t, stream it, it would have got tons of hits/views.

Would anyone have enough practice time to put out anything resembling a game?

How about if by some miracle the season starts on time?  Might be ugly and a little risky to the players to start playing without a month or two of practice first.

19 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

Would anyone have enough practice time to put out anything resembling a game?

How about if by some miracle the season starts on time?  Might be ugly and a little risky to the players to start playing without a month or two of practice first.

I just hope there is a season...I am starting to feel bad for my bookie...I mean...he has kids!  He needs my money.

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Amen!

Someone did a simulation of the tourney, dont know where they got the brackets, and Dayton won.

• Thanks 1
On 3/15/2020 at 6:13 PM, lo country said:

Gonna be interesting to see how it all shakes out.  I don't see fall sports being at risk. If Covid-19 is still causing issues then, we are in a horrific spot at that point......

I hope your right.   One thing I am keeping an eye on is the southern hemisphere.   The outbreaks there are generally smaller?May be due to the warmer temps?   Bad thing though is they are headed into the fall.  If it gets ingrained there it will probably be back this fall just like the flu.  We trade it back and forth every year.    Perhaps by then the majority will have immunity?   Interesting times for sure.