Spring Game - April 18, 2020

Mavric

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

Having 2 Outland winners (Wiegert and Taylor), an Outland finalist/Rimington winner (Raiola), and Bob F'ing Brown (Just read some of these quotes) helps. I admit I don't know much about Crenshaw.

And despite all that, I think the White OL might be better - Maybe not at Tackle (again, don't know a ton about Clark or White), but Shield/Rimington/Steinkuhler are going to win their share of battles against any DL you throw at them.

We really need a gameday thread for this.

I might actually venture in that!

edit: I "laughed" at your post just because of how we are talking about this scrimmage.  I agree with your take, I just find the humor in all of this. :thumbs

36 minutes ago, funhusker said:

edit: I "laughed" at your post just because of how we are talking about this scrimmage.  I agree with your take, I just find the humor in all of this. :thumbs

Right, it is pretty ridiculous haha. I've also spent more time than I care to admit thinking about things like this from back when the NCAA games had all-time team rosters. I used to update them because I disagreed with ratings/which players were included. WR was pretty thin since this would've been late-Solich/early Callahan years - think that's how I learned about guys like Freeman White. "Who is 1965 WR?!" Turns out he was pretty good. https://huskers.com/sports/football/roster/freeman-white/23093

It was pretty great though, they did some interesting things with those rosters. I think Tom Rathman had like 96 speed (but low acceleration) at fullback. As far as interesting matchups that could never happen go, Bob Brown v. Suh has to be up there. And I am desperate for anything football related to talk about, fictional or not.

1 hour ago, funhusker said:

Kind of funny though we have to reach back 40 years to fill a team, Bama and Clemson could do it with roster guys sprinkled with some big names in the last three years.

I would probably fill four or five Husker teams before I considered Crouch.  I know he is a Darling, but I don't like the fact that they finished going 0-2. His best play against OU was a catch. 

Since it all is a fantasy, QB's I would take over Crouch for sure:

Frazier

Gill

Frost

Tagge

Berringer

Quarterbacks I would seriously consider before Crouch:

Gerry Gdowski

Vince Ferragamo

Zac Taylor

Steve Taylor

Joe Gantz

There is something lame about this whole virtual fantasy thing.

13 minutes ago, nupowr said:

I would probably fill four or five Husker teams before I considered Crouch.  I know he is a Darling, but I don't like the fact that they finished going 0-2.

If you think that's bad, you don't wanna know how they would've finished without Crouch.

(Or you could just look at their record from 2002...)

• Plus1 1