Superbowl LIV

Superbowl 54 gets closer and closer.  Who you got?  

I have to say I need to get back to rooting for one of these teams again. I was a 49ers fan when Joe Montana was QB, when the game was on in the waiting area of a hospital when I drove my Mom and Brother there because my brother had a dislocated finger.  49ers had an amazing come from behind victory, and I was hooked.  It helped, with Tom Rathman and Roger Craig also being there. 

Then, when Joe went to play for the Kansas City Chiefs, they became my team as I rooted him on to victory, and once again another great Nebraska player was there too.  Neil Smith. 

over the years, I've kind of been watching and rooting for a few teams, but recently, in the last few years, and especially this season, Patrick Mahomes has been fun to watch.  

I am picking the Kansas City Chiefs to win by 3.  Should be an excellent game.

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

I have to say I need to get back to rooting for one of these teams again. I was a 49ers fan when Joe Montana was QB, when the game was on in the waiting area of a hospital when I drove my Mom and Brother there because my brother had a dislocated finger.  49ers had an amazing come from behind victory, and I was hooked.  It helped, with Tom Rathman and Roger Craig also being there. 

Then, when Joe went to play for the Kansas City Chiefs, they became my team as I rooted him on to victory, and once again another great Nebraska player was there too.  Neil Smith. 

over the years, I've kind of been watching and rooting for a few teams, but recently, in the last few years, and especially this season, Patrick Mahomes has been fun to watch.  

Thread title is a little off.

Super Bowl XLIV was ten years ago (super bowl 44) featuring the Saints vs Colts.

This year is Super Bowl LIV (54)

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Also Will Sheilds and Eric Warfeild. Go Chiefs!!!

• Mavric changed the title to Superbowl LIV

I grew up about 350 miles from KC and ~360 miles from Denver....With roughly the same number of relatives living in either city.

Most of our neighborhood sandlot games and the occasional once or twice a year challenge from one of the other three grade schools in town would have everyone show up for games sporting our favourite team's helmets...Except me..By the time I decided to make a career in professional football, Hilsabecks' Sporting Goods store only had some orange helmets in stock, which I later found out represented the Cleveland Browns...

That was around the same time that Bob Devaney won his first MNC and I soon became a bandwagon fan of DONU...Listening to Husker games on my transistor radio every Saturday, leaving a mark on at least one of my ears...Writing the scores down for whatever reason after each game.

The older kid across the street who loved giving everyone nicknames always called me ''Unitas'' even though I only recall being a QB half the time...

I never really followed the NFL...unless a Husker played for them and I personally knew them...I think Strasburger and Novacek were the last two I played with or against (for the lowly Cowboys)...Or maybe Jamie Williams for the 49rs...My cousin who was a year ahead of me in highschool, walked on at UNL, Redshirted, Started 3 years, mainly running in play calls from Osborne.. was drafted by Detroit back when they had a dozen or so rounds, but ended up playing with Gill in the CFL.

Who's playing again?