Expectations for 2020

Expectations for 2020  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What are your expectations for 202 with the last two recruiting cycles

• 9 wins or better or bust
    • 8 wins but should be better with the classes we’ve pulled
    • 6 wins best temper expectations even with the classes we’ve pulled the last two cycles
    • 7 wins as middle ground

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2020 at 04:00 AM

Got to prove it on the field first - 3 years wtout a bowl and I no longer will drink the :koolaid2:.  I will cheer them on but my higher hopes have to be grounded in reality.  I have to hope for 6 wins and we get to some cheap bowl game.  Scott improved by one game last year - so I'll go wt 6 wins this year.  Yes we could win the first 7 games but we could loose a couple of those 'should win games' again like we have done in the past. The last 5 games - will prove the metal of this team AND the coaching staff - if they have arrived or if they are tier 2 or lower tier.  Time to prove it coaches & earn your pay. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Got to prove it on the field first - 3 years wtout a bowl and I no longer will drink the :koolaid2:.  I will cheer them on but my higher hopes have to be grounded in reality.  I have to hope for 6 wins and we get to some cheap bowl game.  Scott improved by one game last year - so I'll go wt 6 wins this year.  Yes we could win the first 7 games but we could loose a couple of those 'should win games' again like we have done in the past. The last 5 games - will prove the metal of this team AND the coaching staff - if they have arrived or if they are 2 or lower tier.  Time to prove it coaches & earn your pay. 

That’s where I’m at.   There is a difficult schedule and how can I count on people who haven’t played a down of football for Nebraska yet for wins?  It’s not even spring ball.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, talaricohusker said:

I was listening to ESPNU First Team this morning on my way home from work and they were talking about the Big Ten and recruiting and someone called in and asked about NU and how they thought they would do this year (year 3) with the types of athletes we’ve pulled the last two cycles and if we can make it work for the Big Ten 

Natty or Bust.

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, dubsker said:

That’s where I’m at.   There is a difficult schedule and how can I count on people who haven’t played a down of football for Nebraska yet for wins?  It’s not even spring ball.

I’m not saying we can’t but anyone saying 9 wins+ is continuing to ignore holes that are still being fixed in the roster.  I expect new starters on the oline, possibly 2.  Dline, while higher upside and athletic, are young and inexperienced, same for lb.  wr room while exciting is completely unproven.  On top of that our schedule is much more difficult than last yr.  again not saying it can’t be done, we’ve been close to many over past two yrs, but I’m going in with 6 wins expected.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

My primary expectation is that special teams has to be drastically better than it was in 2019 or else there's a systemic failure in the program in this area.

My second expectation is that the offensive line pass blocks and run blocks at least somewhat better than 2019.

If both of those things happen I think we go to a bowl and I think we finally look like a team that isn't a total dumpster fire.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

I’m not saying we can’t but anyone saying 9 wins+ is continuing to ignore holes that are still being fixed in the roster.  I expect new starters on the oline, possibly 2.  Dline, while higher upside and athletic, are young and inexperienced, same for lb.  wr room while exciting is completely unproven.  On top of that our schedule is much more difficult than last yr.  again not saying it can’t be done, we’ve been close to many over past two yrs, but I’m going in with 6 wins expected.

Many programs in the building phase have been known to make a jump in the program the 3rd year. Hopefully we can do that as well and make a bigger jump than a 1 game win increase. Due to how tough the schedule is- if we could get to 7 or 8 I think that would show tremendous progress. If we had the 2019 schedule I would hope for 9 or 10.