Expectations for 2020

Expectations for 2020  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What are your expectations for 202 with the last two recruiting cycles

• 9 wins or better or bust
    • 8 wins but should be better with the classes we’ve pulled
    • 6 wins best temper expectations even with the classes we’ve pulled the last two cycles
    • 7 wins as middle ground

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2020 at 04:00 AM

4-8 at worst.  6-6 at best.  Anything better than that will be great.  Gotta go bowling...This is a team that has suffered 3 losing seasons.....They need to learn to win.  I do not think that will happen over night.  IIRC, our final 5 games are against teams that finished in the top 15 in 2019...That's a murderers row for sure. 

It’s so amazing to me how far and fast Frost has fallen out of favor with so many who were practically idol worshipping him when he was hired.  Even thru the disasterous first six game of year one, the devotion and almost blind loyalty was there.  
   Now the tide seems to be flowing the other way as great expectations are morphing into perennial mediocrity / losing seasons and a defeatism etc.  All this just as the Frost recruited players are hitting the field with the time to develop and learn the system.   
So many didn’t recognize the talent and effort and coaching issues of the past 2 decades.  Now they have no patience to give Frost time to resurrect things and basically believe it can’t be done by anyone.  
If I had my druthers Frost would install a good basic power run package of 25 plays a game to go with his spread passing stuff.  But I am happy with most of the progress Frost has made (except the lack of success in special teams mainly).  
I am a die hard Husker for life but I feel the changes are happening but haven’t quite become evident in the wins column.   Tougher schedule - maybe so the last few games - but we should finally see a mostly Scott Frost team.    Better times are coming - not all smooth sailing at times but- winning is going to be the norm starting this fall.  

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

36 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It’s so amazing to me how far and fast Frost has fallen out of favor with so many who were practically idol worshipping him when he was hired.  Even thru the disasterous first six game of year one, the devotion and almost blind loyalty was there.  
   Now the tide seems to be flowing the other way as great expectations are morphing into perennial mediocrity / losing seasons and a defeatism etc.  All this just as the Frost recruited players are hitting the field with the time to develop and learn the system.   
So many didn’t recognize the talent and effort and coaching issues of the past 2 decades.  Now they have no patience to give Frost time to resurrect things and basically believe it can’t be done by anyone.  
If I had my druthers Frost would install a good basic power run package of 25 plays a game to go with his spread passing stuff.  But I am happy with most of the progress Frost has made (except the lack of success in special teams mainly).  
I am a die hard Husker for life but I feel the changes are happening but haven’t quite become evident in the wins column.   Tougher schedule - maybe so the last few games - but we should finally see a mostly Scott Frost team.    Better times are coming - not all smooth sailing at times but- winning is going to be the norm starting this fall.  

This exactly. I was super excited for the Frost hire and still am so happy he's our head coach. The people who are turning on him already piss me off. It's like they want us to be stuck with a s#!tty football team for life. Our 2017 class had basically ONE solid contributor: Brenden Jaimes. That's it... ONE. We basically put sanctions on ourselves with how s#!tty that recruiting class was. It takes several years to rebuild a roster after missing so bad on half of a recruiting class let alone an ENTIRE recruiting class (plus Frosts first class is falling apart a bit with Washington, Hunt, and Legrone along with several transfers like Cam Jones but still not as bad as 2017). We are slowly building up. I expect to be a 7-8 win team after year 4 under Frost. It might take a few more years (3-4) ontop of that to get to be an uber competitive team because of the roster we have built to become a 10+ win team and in playoff conversations occasionally. I expect by year 8 we will be super competitive, even though I don't want to wait that long, it's what I have to accept instead of being excited for new head coaches just to get let down time and time again. 

• Plus1 7
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
44 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

A lowering of expectations =/= defeatism. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, swmohusker said:

With looking at the last 5 games on the schedule I hate to say it but 6 wins is the expectation.  I think we can win more, but it would be rough to spend another season without a bowl game.  

The question is why do you feel so down upon the team?  Frost not the coach you wanted?   The Frost recruits just not good enough?   The team not trying hard enough?

Why are so many so negative now that the team is really becoming Frost’s work product?   His recruits with his schemes and his training and his winning ciulture etc?   This is year 3 when the real fun and the new and improved Huskers are going to reveal themselves.  
True believers are now just non believers I guess?  

I think there are very few falling off the band wagon. 

We have a lot of new posters that seem to showing up with negative ideas about Coach Frost. 

Again I don't follow this very closely anymore,  more because of this site than disappointment with the program.

I never put expectations on the team.  I want them to be the best they can be, and hopefully by accomplishing that, it will start a continuous growth that gets back to the elite level of college football.  -

Yes we have some great new players, but we are not getting the top athletes that are required for the turn around some think.  The difference between a top 15-20 team and a top 5 team are enormous.  Takes time and lot of hard work not only by the coaching staff but by kids that want to invest the like effort.  I think they are coming, but want to see it on the field.

I want the team to make a bowl this year, but can certainly see how it might not happen.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1