Any former Cornhuskers in the Super Bowl?

I am I

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

Pretty sure this streak actually died a long time ago when Dennard was on IR for the Pats

The streak was alive through last Superbowl.

"With the Tennessee Titans' 35-24 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, Nebraska's Super Bowl streak ended at 26 years. The Husker streak, which dated to 1993 and remains the longest of any program, includes players on the active roster, practice squad or injured reserve."

11 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

The streak was alive through last Superbowl.

"With the Tennessee Titans' 35-24 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday, Nebraska's Super Bowl streak ended at 26 years. The Husker streak, which dated to 1993 and remains the longest of any program, includes players on the active roster, practice squad or injured reserve."

Right but it included multiple years of a player being on IR or the practice squad counting, so many of us really didn't count it. If it was a contributor on IR sure, but IIRC one was someone placed on IR prior to the year and never contributed. Think Zaire Anderson was a practice squad player keeping the streak alive as well. Point is, they've had to stretch the definitions of what counts as a Nebraska player in the Super Bowl for a while now.

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

Right but it included multiple years of a player being on IR or the practice squad counting, so many of us really didn't count it. If it was a contributor on IR sure, but IIRC one was someone placed on IR prior to the year and never contributed. Think Zaire Anderson was a practice squad player keeping the streak alive as well. Point is, they've had to stretch the definitions of what counts as a Nebraska player in the Super Bowl for a while now.

I don't know anyone here who didn't/doesn't count it?  All other teams were affording the same "stretch" so it was comparing apples to apples.   Nebraska holds the longest streak of 26 years with a player on the roster of a Superbowl team.  While it may not "count" to you, it is still recognized uniformly by all schools the same way.  You either have a former player on the roster or you don't?  

• Plus1 1
51 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

I don't know anyone here who didn't/doesn't count it?  All other teams were affording the same "stretch" so it was comparing apples to apples.   Nebraska holds the longest streak of 26 years with a player on the roster of a Superbowl team.  While it may not "count" to you, it is still recognized uniformly by all schools the same way.  You either have a former player on the roster or you don't?  

Well I don't, so there's one person. I get that if it was easy other teams would have similar streaks, but a streak of having a player on a super bowl roster isn't that impressive to me. When the streak was having a player on the active roster from 1993-2013, that was impressive. Practice squad players and guys on IR don't count on the active roster, and to me that's just way less interesting whether other schools have also done it or not.

9 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

I wouldn't be too surprised if the Hybrid Tight End/Fullback does make a comeback within the next 5 years.

As many situations that teams need to get a yard or two..Or grind out the clock.  

Unless of course, they start calling targeting on the Offense.

8 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think it will be a hybrid TE/FB/WR combo, much like Aaron Hernandez was for Florida and  New England.  I think of Chris Hickman in this role for NU.  His skills and talents are different than guys like Jack Stoll or the 2021 recruit out of Council Bluffs.  There will be room for classic TE's who are on-line blockers and down the middle threats in the passing game, but the want for versatility in an offense will be big for guys like Hickman.  Number 44 for San Francisco made a couple big plays in last night's Super Bowl is a TE/FB combo.  People want to call him a fullback because he's #44.

EDIT:  #44 does have classic fullback size (6'1" 240 lbs) so I guess he should be considered a fullback.  But, he's clearly not just a battering ram as a player.  I would also be curious the percentage of plays which SF ran 2 back sets in last night and over the course of the season.

2nd EDIT:  Here is an article from Bleacher Report which shows that SF ran 2-back sets about 30 percent of the time, ranking 2nd in the NFL behind the Vikings.  Of course, I think the Vikings offense is far too conservative, and is head coached by a former defensive coordinator.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2866506-how-kyle-shanahans-secret-weapons-schemes-have-made-49ers-a-title-contender

When I saw #44, I kept having Rathman flashbacks..Wondered if they were replays from the last time I followed the 49rs