TE Micah Riley [Auburn - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

33 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Riley commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

32 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would like to know how much these guys talk to each other.  For instance, last year we did great with local talent.  It seemed like they all had the same attitude of wanting to come help build the program back to prominence.  This year, they all have the same attitude again of having no desire.  It feels like a group think thing.

I do think there's something to this.

And I also think how these recruitments have gone down lend credence to they were just wanting to get out of town.  It's not like they had one other school that just did such a great job of recruiting them.  Both guys so far have looked like they were going one place then ended up going somewhere else.

Nothing wrong with that.  But I think it shows that Nebraska didn't get out-recruited.  They just wanted to go somewhere else and wherever looked good at the time is what they've committed to for now.  Also won't surprise me if they end up flipping somewhere else.

• Plus1 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I do think there's something to this.

And I also think how these recruitments have gone down lend credence to they were just wanting to get out of town.  It's not like they had one other school that just did such a great job of recruiting them.  Both guys so far have looked like they were going one place then ended up going somewhere else.

Nothing wrong with that.  But I think it shows that Nebraska didn't get out-recruited.  They just wanted to go somewhere else and wherever looked good at the time is what they've committed to for now.  Also won't surprise me if they end up flipping somewhere else.

I agree.  It can be frustrating as a Husker fan.  But, you have to dig deeper in the various situations to realize what is really going on....and it's not all about "Husker coaches suck".

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree.  It can be frustrating as a Husker fan.  But, you have to dig deeper in the various situations to realize what is really going on....and it's not all about "Husker coaches suck".

People tend to be extremely short sighted when it comes to recruiting in general. I do believe this year’s local talent level has greatly exceeded that of the recent passed few years. The on field product and lack of presence in the nfl is very difficult to overlook and these players received a great deal of attention from prominent national programs. 

perhaps if the local players were a little worse this year they would have ended up at Nebraska…

• Mavric changed the title to TE Micah Riley [Auburn - Signed LOI]