TE Micah Riley [Auburn - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

33 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Riley commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Why is it sad that Iowa is his "dream school"?  NU has sucked the past few years, and maybe Riley is close to Noah Fant who starred as an Iowa TE and is now in the NFL.  Yes, it would be great that NU was his "dream school", but don't be so disappointed that Iowa is his "dream school".

If you're gonna have an out of state dream school, might as well dream big. Sure Iowa has been better than us, but I'd still call it a sad dream school. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Why is it sad that Iowa is his "dream school"?  NU has sucked the past few years, and maybe Riley is close to Noah Fant who starred as an Iowa TE and is now in the NFL.  Yes, it would be great that NU was his "dream school", but don't be so disappointed that Iowa is his "dream school".

Take it easy, Iowa has had the best run in program history the past five years which peaked with a 12-2 season. That season was capped with a spanking in the Rose Bowl by Stanford a few years back. Though Nebraska has struggled, they still took Iowa to the wire the past two years with arguably the most talented teams that Iowa has ever had (based on NFL draft numbers and grades) and some of the worst statistical teams Nebraska has produced in 50 years. Yes, Iowa has had several players at the position drafted the past ten years. Yes, they have racial discrimination problems within their program. Yes, Noah Fant left Iowa on bad terms with the school, staff and program. Therefore, if Iowa is the dream school, I feel for them as Stanford, Notre Dame, etc. would be better classified as dream-worthy.

As far as the player on this thread, he still has quite a bit of time until his signing day. May not end up at Nebraska but I'm not convinced the Iowa staff will stay in tact by the time signing day comes around for him. 

38 minutes ago, Wistrom Disciple said:

Take it easy, Iowa has had the best run in program history the past five years which peaked with a 12-2 season. That season was capped with a spanking in the Rose Bowl by Stanford a few years back. Though Nebraska has struggled, they still took Iowa to the wire the past two years with arguably the most talented teams that Iowa has ever had (based on NFL draft numbers and grades) and some of the worst statistical teams Nebraska has produced in 50 years. Yes, Iowa has had several players at the position drafted the past ten years. Yes, they have racial discrimination problems within their program. Yes, Noah Fant left Iowa on bad terms with the school, staff and program. Therefore, if Iowa is the dream school, I feel for them as Stanford, Notre Dame, etc. would be better classified as dream-worthy.

As far as the player on this thread, he still has quite a bit of time until his signing day. May not end up at Nebraska but I'm not convinced the Iowa staff will stay in tact by the time signing day comes around for him. 

I wonder if it's more of a dream school due to Iowa being either #1 or #2 in the nation with putting TEs into the NFL?  They've been crankin 'em out since Dallas Clark.  Having Fant, Hockenson and now Kittle fresh off his monster deal is one heck of a selling point.

1 hour ago, Xmas32 said:

I wonder if it's more of a dream school due to Iowa being either #1 or #2 in the nation with putting TEs into the NFL?  They've been crankin 'em out since Dallas Clark.  Having Fant, Hockenson and now Kittle fresh off his monster deal is one heck of a selling point.

Could definitely be the case but I just found it odd that Iowa and dream school were used together in any fashion. :D

With Brian Ferentz (TE coach & OC) being mentioned as one of many having racial problems with players, I think he and the program are going to be under much more scrutiny in the next couple years. 

• Plus1 1

25 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

This guy must have good speed and is light enough to move so maybe he can move around some.  

Don't pay too much attention to his current high school weight.  He is still 18-24 months away from arriving on campus.  College coaches are looking for guys with good frames which they can add on good weight, and keep speed on a guy.

My guess is that he will finish his high school career weighing around 220-230 lbs, and NU will target him to get to 250-260 to keep him at TE.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Micah Riley [Auburn Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Micah Riley [Auburn - Signed LOI]