Dantonio stepping down at Michigan State

I am I

9 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

This is probably why he waited until now:

The thing is, if they don't think it's fair to pay that, why would they have offered it in the first place?  Apparently the Sparty AD thought it was a worthwhile deal to keep Dantonio in place when they offered it to him several years ago.  

I guess I'm biased in this respect.  I hate it when your employer offers you something, and you bust your a$$ to get it done, only to have them renege on the deal after the fact.  I had that happen a couple of times in my career.  I left two different companies due to that very situation.  

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This was a long time coming...He is an a$$ and the shine has come off of him at MSU.

With that said, he had like 5 great years but the rest sucked and was pretty well the norm for MSU which is one of those schools that you think has a much better history than they really do...

This sounds your Huskerboard career 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 5
  • Fire 1
12 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This was a long time coming...He is an a$$ and the shine has come off of him at MSU.

With that said, he had like 5 great years but the rest sucked and was pretty well the norm for MSU which is one of those schools that you think has a much better history than they really do...

Great may even be an understatement. Rose Bowl win, a playoff appearance, high impact NFL players. All at Michigan State. 

Bruce Feldman thinks the top two choices will be Narduzzi and Fickell. Followed by Boise's Bryan Harsin and Army's Jeff Monken. His wildcard hire is Denver Donkey's offensive coordinator (just hired) Pat Shurmur as he played at MSU and is a Michigan native but hasn't coached in college for 22 years (Stanford O-line). 

23 hours ago, theknife said:

That sure would soften up the Cinci match up this year. 

That was my first thought if they went with Fickell. Depending on who Cincy replaces him with, that makes the Cincy game a slight to significantly more palatable for us. 

Then again, with our luck, Bo leaves the LSU D-Coordinator spot and takes the head coaching gig at Cincy. 

MSU has hidden lots of assualts. They still haven't paid the price for Nassar molesting 100s of female athletes. The basketball program had similar issues and accusations. They tend to keep the investigations internal and settle with the victims. Someone said 'the Baylor of the Big Ten". Good analogy. 

Sounds like Narduzzi is out of the running. I have heard Dantonio is sticking around the athletic program and promoting his assistant Tressel (not that Tressel, but related) as the next head coach. Fickell might be better off at Cincy. 

On 2/5/2020 at 9:01 AM, GSG said:

Bruce Feldman thinks the top two choices will be Narduzzi and Fickell. Followed by Boise's Bryan Harsin and Army's Jeff Monken. His wildcard hire is Denver Donkey's offensive coordinator (just hired) Pat Shurmur as he played at MSU and is a Michigan native but hasn't coached in college for 22 years (Stanford O-line). 

Monken is interesting...had the Illini not had the decent year that they had this season, I think he would have been the new HC at Illinoi.  He is from that area.

I think he would be great for the Illini.