Longtime Big Ten Official Names The Worst Coach He’s Worked With

NUance

23 hours ago, Gage County said:

If I was Bo, I'd head to this a-hole's house on my way to Baton Rouge and burn a few donuts in his yard and throw my empties in his driveway. 

Wouldn’t be the first time

17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13440177

Reported by a pretty respected espn Mlb analyst.  I’d be  skeptical if it didn’t fit his sop.  Confronting a freakin blogger hours before the biggest game of the season, coming inches away from assaulting a referee, grabbing his players by the facemask.....I get it some of you love him obviously, but this guy is 100% clown.  Rest assured I will be here when the circus show ends up on the LSU sideline just as I’m sure many of you will still be here rubbing that  clowns backside  still the entire time.

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

Wouldn’t be the first time

Reported by a pretty respected espn Mlb analyst.  I’d be  skeptical if it didn’t fit his sop.  Confronting a freakin blogger hours before the biggest game of the season, coming inches away from assaulting a referee, grabbing his players by the facemask.....I get it some of you love him obviously, but this guy is 100% clown.  Rest assured I will be here when the circus show ends up on the LSU sideline just as I’m sure many of you will still be here rubbing that  clowns backside  still the entire time.

Believe it or not, the lack of your myopic Bo hatred does not equate to loving him or rubbing his backside. But whatever...carry on.

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Believe it or not, the lack of your myopic Bo hatred does not equate to loving him or rubbing his backside. But whatever...carry on.

This thread is full of people making excuses for his behavior.  So were many other threads where blo acting like a lunatic was because of the refs, Pearlman, eichorst,the fans, etc.....hell people have even made excuses that the lack of talent or roster depth in yr 7 weren’t “really” his fault.  Can’t wait to watch this scum implode on the LSU sideline.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Further, I don’t have hatred for bo.  I do think he’s a pretty poor human being and worse coach but I dont hate him.  People like yourself that continue to excuse his behavior and don’t call a spade a spade is exhausting.  My viewpoint of bo hardly qualifies as myopic....but whatever carry on.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, N is for nowledge said:

Further, I don’t have hatred for bo.  I do think he’s a pretty poor human being and worse coach but I dont hate him.  People like yourself that continue to excuse his behavior and don’t call a spade a spade is exhausting.  My viewpoint of bo hardly qualifies as myopic....but whatever carry on.

:lol: Haha, I haven't excused sh#t for Bo. I just get a kick out of watching somebody, anybody, obsess over a coach that hasn't been on our sideline in over 5 seasons. Don't ever change :lol:

• Plus1 4
13 hours ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

From the full article

I want to ask about a few other coaches. How is Scott Frost?

He came in and he required a little bit of acclimatization. He needed to get used to the fact that he’s now the head coach of a major program in a major conference. And he’s matured in the job. It’s a humbling job.

He’s in a pressure-cooker environment and I can respect that. Would I want to have beers with him after the game? Maybe not.

What does that even mean? Like what behavior would a referee accept from a non-major conference coach but not a Big Ten one? His comments on Fleck did make me laugh.

P.J. Fleck?

He’s very intense. He should probably switch to decaf. I think he thinks that he is still playing the game. And he’s not.

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

What does that even mean? Like what behavior would a referee accept from a non-major conference coach but not a Big Ten one? His comments on Fleck did make me laugh.

Yeah to me it came off as pretentious, and a strange add on about the not wanting to have a beer with him.  Referees are human and bias is just gonna happen, not much you can do about it. The way he talks about Fitzgerald, Lovie Smith, and Ferentz vs the other coaches doesnt prove any bias necessarily, but is hard to ignore.   Yeah the Fleck part is funny. I really just dont like his whole shtick.  

I've reffed for a few years and most guys I know don't dislike a coach just because they yell. You get pretty used to guys huffing and puffing and you understand that it's going to happen.

The stuff that gets under guys skin is when you start making it really personal or when you won't let something go and move on. We know we make mistakes and no one is more upset that they made a mistake than the guy who did especially when it effects a game. So, be mad about the call, tell us your mad and think we're wrong and then move on. When you keep going back to that same thing and just stay in a guys ear while he's trying to continue reffing the game you end up on a list of least favorite coaches.

I'm guessing Bo got personal and wouldn't let go/move on. I'm sure that's why he ended up on this guys bad list. I also don't have a lot of respect for this ref airing all this though. Keep it out of the media or you're just sinking to the same level. Also, as others said if it gets under your skin move on. It takes a certain level of thick skin to be a ref and if you can't do it quit and don't whine to the media.

• Plus1 5

7 hours ago, GSG said:

Bo Pelini to @N is for nowledge

giphy.gif

Not obsessed.  I responded, and have responded,  to whole threads dedicated to making excuses for bo.  You and @jjhusker have throughout this thread.  It’s not bo it’s bad officiating.  The ref should keep his mouth shut yada yada.  Btw bo isn’t just yelling as you can see by the link below.  When your own announcers are calling for the police to step in and arrest the HC it is clearly more than that.   I’m sure you bobots disagree, I’m sure it was the refs fault he made accurate call and was in a much better position than bo.   I’m sure it was ndsu cheating, or maybe his players.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, N is for nowledge said:

Not obsessed.  I responded, and have responded,  to whole threads dedicated to making excuses for bo.  You and @jjhusker have throughout this thread.  It’s not bo it’s bad officiating.  The ref should keep his mouth shut yada yada.  Btw bo isn’t just yelling as you can see by the link below.  When your own announcers are calling for the police to step in and arrest the HC it is clearly more than that.   I’m sure you bobots disagree, I’m sure it was the refs fault he made accurate call and was in a much better position than bo.   I’m sure it was ndsu cheating, or maybe his players.  

That video is hilarious!!!

I was so glad this article came out so you can tell us all again how much you hate Bo.

giphy.gif

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, N is for nowledge said:

I sure don't miss that at Nebraska.  I really felt like he brought a lot of those bad calls our way by the way he treated officials.

• Plus1 1