2021 JUCO PG Elbert “El” Ellis [Louisville Commit]

15 hours ago, seaofred92 said:

Visiting with ECU again today. He’s from Durham and Dooley and staff have prioritized him. I get the sense we’ve moved on.

I don't think we have moved on just yet. What info do you have that points to that? 

Not doubting you at all but this guy wants to weigh all his options and he did a virtual visit with us. I would consider him our number one target after HS and if we don't get Hunter we need to get EE. 

13 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

I don't think we have moved on just yet. What info do you have that points to that? 

Not doubting you at all but this guy wants to weigh all his options and he did a virtual visit with us. I would consider him our number one target after HS and if we don't get Hunter we need to get EE. 

I guess I didn't phrase it well. Not that we've "moved on" - I certainly think if he was serious about us that we would ramp up our recruitment of him. But I get the feeling that we're focusing efforts elsewhere, our effort here has been really in-consistent. We offered Feb 10, two months with no contact goes by, he does a few interviews and doesn't even mention NU, we get a virtual visit mid-April that is rescheduled (twice I believe), and then nothing since. 

From what I've gathered, UConn feels like they're in a really good place here. Louisville will be involved to the end, and I think ECU has actually done a good job in selling to him and he's got a good relationship with Coach Dooley. I think in an ideal world, Ellis would be a backup plan to Sallis for 2021, but Ellis has blown up to the point where Fred can't get away with slow playing him. Sallis' recruitment may go until spring 2021. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, seaofred92 said:

I guess I didn't phrase it well. Not that we've "moved on" - I certainly think if he was serious about us that we would ramp up our recruitment of him. But I get the feeling that we're focusing efforts elsewhere, our effort here has been really in-consistent. We offered Feb 10, two months with no contact goes by, he does a few interviews and doesn't even mention NU, we get a virtual visit mid-April that is rescheduled (twice I believe), and then nothing since. 

From what I've gathered, UConn feels like they're in a really good place here. Louisville will be involved to the end, and I think ECU has actually done a good job in selling to him and he's got a good relationship with Coach Dooley. I think in an ideal world, Ellis would be a backup plan to Sallis for 2021, but Ellis has blown up to the point where Fred can't get away with slow playing him. Sallis' recruitment may go until spring 2021. 

Gotcha, so it is more of a we are not doing as well as others. Both him and Sallis are great players, but it is so crucial we get Sallis this cycle. Even if it means taking both imo. 

• Plus1 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

How the heck does NC Central make the cut above NU?

HBCU's are going to receive increased attention from recruits going forward (at least the next two classes) as a result of the recent climate in the US. Whether someone actually pulls the trigger and commits to one remains to be seen. But NCCU has a good program and has made NCAA's frequently under Coach Moton, and is local/close to his hometown.

• 2 weeks later...