Hot tub time machine:  If you could bring back any two former Huskers …

NUance

If you could get in the hot tub time machine and bring back one former Husker on defense and another on offense to play in 2020 …

1) What two Huskers would you bring back? 

2) What two Huskers not named yet in this thread would you bring back? 

============================================================= 

I’d bring back DT Rich Glover (1971-72) and OG Will Shields (1991-92)  

(I picked Glover because I figured most others would want Suh) 

• Plus1 5

Suh is the easy pick on defense given we don't know how the line is gonna look this year, but Broderick Thomas would be fun. Basically played in a 3-4 anyway and would immediately make me feel great about OLB.

Offensively, Johnny Rodgers would be an incredible fit in this offense even if Duck-R isn't a position of need. Any great lineman would help too, or somebody like Johnny Mitchell.

• Plus1 2

Id say Suh and Wistrom both on defense.   But if give me Shields and Lawrence Phillips on offense I think 10 wins is very reasonable.   

This is why can remain hopeful for the program to get better fairly soon.   We are half a dozen difference makers away from competing for Big ten west. And there are many other past Husker starters at several spots that would make a huge difference.  

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, darkhorse85 said:

For this defense? Demorrio Williams.  Also I'd take Lawrence Phillips without all the baggage if possible.  If the baggage comes with LP then give me Mike Rozier instead.

oh.  there are dozens of RBs LBs DLOL that would have similar effets.  Recruit a dozen and watch it be magical.   i really expect we have several on the team now that will be big jumps.  we just need 8 more sprinkled around the roster. 

theyll be here soon if we keep the forward momentum.  

• Plus1 1

Tommie Frazier - we need a real leader on O - we got skilled guys, the Oline will be better.  Just need someone who can get into people's faces  and if need be - do it himself  (Florida is still trying to tackle him I hear).  While his passing skills aren't the greatest I think it would be serviceable in this O. 

Grant Wistrom  - I originally though SUH but with the bulked up Big 10 lines, he may not have as much success as pass happy Big 12.

We need a big time edge rusher and Grant fits the bill.