Hot tub time machine:  If you could bring back any two former Huskers …

NUance

20 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

I read it, but thanks to your post, I realized I might have missed the part of having one from each side of the ball...My first two picks were already taken.

I still want to throw out names out here...

Sam Foltz...Probably the 1st punter I ever actually looked forward to seeing come onto the field,...I thought was already our best punter at coffin corner kicking.

Since special teams werent part of the equation, foltz for defense and henery for offense.

• Plus1 1

17 hours ago, NUance said:

Had to go back and see if anyone picked Broderick Thomas.  I think you're the only one.   His talent level might not be up there with Suh.  But I'd say it's closer than most realize.  He was the 6th overall pick in the NFL draft.  That, and The Sandman would fill in nicely at a position of need, OLB.  

I'd want the Sandman back just to see what he'd be like on social media in today's environment.  His press conferences would be epic!

Note, in my head Broderick Thomas sounds like Clubber Lang from Rocky III and woman is either Dirk or Sipple

"Hey woman, hey woman, that Nate Stanley.  He STINKS!  He's not even the best QB on his own team woman!  Nate Stanley wouldn't even start on our Scout Team!  When I hit Nate on Black Friday his soul is going to leave his body woman!"

• Haha 3
On 2/18/2020 at 1:11 PM, Redux said:

Suh and Ganz

If had Ganz in 2009, we win the Big 12 and the national title that year.

End of story

Agree - our timing was off by a year.  Or even if that D was around when TM was QB the next year we might have had the same result.

What a bad time to have a terrible offense when we arguably had one of the best Ds in our history  - kind of a flip of 1983 - one of the best Os ever and a D that had some issues esp against Miami.

• Plus1 1
On 2/18/2020 at 4:37 AM, HUSKER 37 said:

I read it, but thanks to your post, I realized I might have missed the part of having one from each side of the ball...My first two picks were already taken.

I still want to throw out names out here...

Sam Foltz...Probably the 1st punter I ever actually looked forward to seeing come onto the field,...I thought was already our best punter at coffin corner kicking.

13 hours ago, desertshox said:

Since special teams werent part of the equation, foltz for defense and henery for offense.

I meant to include Adi Kunalic for his ability to consistently kick touchbacks, or Alex Henery for his field goal strength.

Seems a shame we had them both at the same time.

• 2 months later...

So you get one Husker legend to bring back...
By BRIAN CHRISTOPHERSON87 mins

<snip> 

Ndamukong Suh ran away with it in the end, receiving 47.8 percent of the vote.  Despite Nebraska's QB depth, Tommie Frazier was the next highest vote-getter with 8.5 percent. Defensive lineman Grant Wistrom was third with 7.8 percent, with Husker fans envisioning the rush end presence and winning pedigree he could provide to the D-line. Center Dave Rimington came in after that with 6.6 percent of the vote. Voting for a guy who has a trophy named after him is rarely a bad idea. Rounding out our top five was a tie (5.37 percent) between Johnny Rodgers and Lavonte David. Rodgers could bolster the Husker wide receiver room and the return game at the same time. David could erase a lot of mistakes at his linebacker spot.  LINK 

======================================================================  

Suuuuhhhh!  

• Plus1 1

Grant Wistrom/Jason Peter. They were basically one person right? Without hesitation... Read their book. The chapter about the work they pushed their teammates to do in the off season after 96 was admirable. Those dudes were insanely talented, but I LOVED the motor they both brought. Never took a play off and I think they would be able to light a fire under a young defense. They would also  push that offense to new levels after playing against guys like that everyday in practice. Not sure how they would fit with a 3-4... but I would love to watch the boys play with some fire and reckless abandon out there. I really miss the Blackshirts of the mid-to-late 90's.

Also Ahman Green. That dude was insane and could do wonders behind a line with mediocre talent. Pass catcher, not afraid to run inside and was fast enough to run outside if need be.

• Plus1 1