Mel Tucker named Michigan State new HC

2 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Being a worse football team, doesn't exactly equate to being a worse program.  The most recent 5 years doesn't define a program.  Nebraska still recruits better than MSU, despite Nebraska being in its worst stretch of history, and MSU being in their best.

I agree Nebraska isn't the best place to be a head coach, possibly not even in the top 25..but MSU has a lower ceiling imo.  If you weigh only recent success as your indicator of a program than i could see your point  

A lower ceiling? They played in the playoff dude

'We Were Hoodwinked': Inside the Final Hours of Mel Tucker as Colorado's Head Coach
ROSS DELLINGER AND PAT FORDEFEB 16, 2020

The night he took the Michigan State job, Mel Tucker was affirming his commitment to Colorado boosters and fans, who are now left frustrated and angry.

“I swear to God after the event I said, ‘There is something going on.’ His eyes were not … it was almost like he wasn’t telling the truth. It was bizarre.”

An hour later, Tucker struck a deal with Michigan State to be its new coach.  LINK“ 

========================================================  

.                                                                                     .yYWsyUS.gif

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2

This is great twofold because it hurt Colorado fans but I think the way he went about this will probably hurt Michigan State as well. They’re reportedly hiring a couple Colorado ACs as well as their OC despite Tucker being given a bigger pool of money to hire coaches.

On top of that, they’ve kept a few ACs from Dantonio’s staff, which they previously said they weren’t going to do, and have struck out with a couple of targeted ACs from other programs. Can’t blame the man for taking the money but he went about the whole situation poorly and it looks like other coaches have taken notice. Not worried about Michigan State at all.

• 2 weeks later...

On 2/17/2020 at 11:11 PM, Caliborn72 said:

This is great twofold because it hurt Colorado fans but I think the way he went about this will probably hurt Michigan State as well. They’re reportedly hiring a couple Colorado ACs as well as their OC despite Tucker being given a bigger pool of money to hire coaches.

On top of that, they’ve kept a few ACs from Dantonio’s staff, which they previously said they weren’t going to do, and have struck out with a couple of targeted ACs from other programs. Can’t blame the man for taking the money but he went about the whole situation poorly and it looks like other coaches have taken notice. Not worried about Michigan State at all.

That doesn't sound familiar at all

• Plus1 2
On 2/14/2020 at 2:19 AM, FearAmeer said:

I got banned on /r/cfb because I called the Buffaloes a stepping stone program after this happened. Everyone was sucking up to the buffs so I had to bring them back down to earth and troll them a bit while they were super salty. Worth it. 

On 2/16/2020 at 11:34 PM, FearAmeer said:

That's all I said. The /r/cfb mods are just dumb as hell 

Yeah, B.S. I'm friends with some of the mods - they're anything but dumb. They're also generally quite lenient and fair. I'd like a link to your one comment that got you banned.

On 2/28/2020 at 7:49 PM, Landlord said:

Yeah, B.S. I'm friends with some of the mods - they're anything but dumb. They're also generally quite lenient and fair. I'd like a link to your one comment that got you banned.

I mean you don't have to agree I really don't care I'm just telling you what it was, and when I got unbanned I got rebanned a day later because I called someone ignorant about the mo washington situation. I guess ignorant is a personal attack these days instead of a descriptive word for not knowing the full details. And it was a perma ban at that 

21 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

If you don't care, link your comments.

I said I don't care if you believe me or not. Many other people have been banned from /r/cfb with similar complaints. The one I got perma banned for a few days ago I deleted hoping they'd unban me if I did, but it was basically the dude saying Frost has no morals because he played a child rapist (maurice washington) and I told him that "you are ignorant of the details of the case and clearly maurice is not a child rapist." They banned me for rule #2 aka personal attacks. I didn't realize some people think ignorant means the same thing as calling someone idiotic or stupid